A F Budge 1993

Bob Grundy

Unfortunately you will never find a yard like that anymore,not on this continent anyway.

Does anyone have any pictures of pounds yard back in the day ?

Rob..................rnixartillery.

I did have loads of photos of Harry Pounds yard from about 1985 through to about 1995....... but when I got divorced things got lost and away they went somewhere...:undecided:...

...Harry's yard looked very simialar .....the yard still had a lot of 'good' stuff in those days most numerous seemed to be Churchill tanks .also I recall the 'big shed' in their yard was like an Aladdins Cave of stuff...

..one time I visited , there was a beautiful 1940s era US Staff car in there in perfect condition.....a Buick I think it was along with so many other very desirable things I couldn't list them but I do recall there was a whole pallet rack shelf full of brand new outboard motors most of which were either Mercury's or Johnsons think it was... and a dozen or so Ural Motorcycle combinations plus untold wooden packing cases stacked right up to the ceiling.

The whole place reminded me very much of the scene at the very end of the first Indiana Jones movie where the Ark of the Covenant is hidden away in a vast anonymous Government warehouse .........:-)

I know there have been threads in the past with Budge photos posted but I can honestly say I never get bored of 'em - just mind blowing and shows how things can change not just over decades but in relatively short periods of time.

I dont think we will see the like again....!

I know there have been threads in the past with Budge photos posted but I can honestly say I never get bored of 'em - just mind blowing and shows how things can change not just over decades but in relatively short periods of time.

I dont think we will see the like again....!

I agree - just mind blowing, especially for those of us who didn't get to see these places.

Keep the photos coming Bob!

Same place but now we are outside, what gems can we see ?

Loads of Stalwarts, T34/85s, M3/M5 Stuart, Centurions, HST (M4?), FV432, the SAV M/43 as mentioned, M50 Super Sherman.

Edited by Pzkpfw-e

Here's one of his yard at the rope works in 1988. Just a small selection, I wonder what happened to all of that Centaur and Stuart track?

Amongst heaps of Saracens, do I see a Stuart's turret, a Sherman, a Daimler Armoured Car & a Cromwell (Or related species!) Anyoneknow where they went?

I thought the APC was an FV432 also, but looking a bit closer, opening roof & that circular cupola?