Rare Vehicles

woa2

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rare vehicles hey?????

Well....I got a wheel barrow......

...it's not got a wheel ......and the barrow bit fell off years ago ......but...

....it's definately old....

..and has definately been used......

...probably on D-Day in fact.......

..to shift a load of bricks to build a manhole that Patton almost certainly might have walked by.......

should I sell it or rebuild it??? :cool2:

Is it single wheel drive?, left or right hand drive?, it will obviously have a tipper body...... these are very common and of little value in todays market. Patton walking past this vehicle will be hard to prove............... but of course, if he fell over it, well that puts a completely different perspective on the matter and could leave you wide open to litegation, I think that I would just consign ito the scrap heap and consider myself to be lucky that I "Got away with it"

• 7 months later...

Three, Pete? I knew about the one in the hedge, where did you get the other two?.

Did you get the COE cab from VPW eventually, and have you now got three Welles-Thornton rears, as if you have that will be a world population of - three, I think.

Any COE bits you need, as the lads on the 39-47 Dodge truck Group on Yahoo have some cabovers and may be able to help with parts? Fortunately you have the '41 COE cab, as the '40 is ultra-rare and there is precisely one of the contractor-built cabs from 1939 still in circulation.

Gordon

( one of four known surviving T-36 Snow Tractors )

Three, Pete? I knew about the one in the hedge, where did you get the other two?.

Did you get the COE cab from VPW eventually, and have you now got three Welles-Thornton rears, as if you have that will be a world population of - three, I think.

Any COE bits you need, as the lads on the 39-47 Dodge truck Group on Yahoo have some cabovers and may be able to help with parts? Fortunately you have the '41 COE cab, as the '40 is ultra-rare and there is precisely one of the contractor-built cabs from 1939 still in circulation.

Gordon

( one of four known surviving T-36 Snow Tractors )

Yep, three Gordon, the first as you may remember came from Avon, the second we tracked down in Suffolk and the third came from Norfolk all in various stages of decay.

Yes we did pick a very nice cab up from VPW they did us a pretty fair deal and Yarrp shipped it for us. At the time we picked up the first truck a bloke from the south of France got in contact with us as he had the remains of another one that had been re-engined with a Renault diesel and had been used as tar sprayer. But yes we could possibly have the world population of WK60's but you know what his game is like never say never :-)

Pete

Good, you are pretty much sorted long term then as you have a good cab and all the drivetrain and axle spares you'll need.

What you really need now is a carpenter with an Austin K6 workshop that is about to re-make the rear body, and just ask him to make two, as I understand the body is pretty much the same.

Let me know if you are short of any engine or cab stuff and I'll put the word out, but I appreciate it's something not to be rushed. You'd probably want to store any bogie spares particularly carefully as I don't know of another surviving W-T bogie, military or civilian.

Gordon

My Scammell Explorer is one of six supplied to the FVRDE under contract no 9870 in 1953, and possibly the last one to be sold off in 1993...unless someone knows of one cast later.

It has many small features not found on other Explorers, I think two others confirmed and another possible still exist.

Bernard, was it sold at Aston Down, and who bought it?

Guy FBAX truck, as I have found it hard to find information on them, and I only know of 7 that are all non restored and are in New Zealand.

David

We have gantry version here David, it's in need of a little TLC but very complete and original.

Pete

The Collection I work for has the following:

M76 Otter (1953) - the only one in Europe and I believe there are around ten working examples in the world.

Aquatrack (1991) - only four prototypes every made. We have the original, the security service in the Philippines have two and a salvage company in Ireland have the other one.

Markheliops

• 4 months later...

no one has mentioned the armer plated matador. duxford has 1, there one in a museum in dorset some where i know of one in a museum in new zealand, one converted to timber tractor in northnampton and my one that was used on the fair ground up to 37 years ago . still got armer plate along the bottom half but cut down to a flat bed . is there any others out there.

11549_1155203128957_1755292_n.jpg

11549_1155203088956_1002411_n.jpg

Edited by doug fleet

The 1931 GAZ FAI (Ford A Izeskiye) armoured car must be one of the rarest military vehicles today. Despite being made in large numbers and used in the Spanish Civil War and throughout WW11 there are only two known survivors today: one in Poland and one in Russia. Based on the Model A Ford chassis it was thin-skinned, rather vulnerable and armed with one or two machine guns in a rotating turret. Powered by the standard 42hp Model A Ford motor it was capable of about 50mph flat out.

• 10 months later...
The Collection I work for has the following:

M76 Otter (1953) - the only one in Europe and I believe there are around ten working examples in the world.

Aquatrack (1991) - only four prototypes every made. We have the original, the security service in the Philippines have two and a salvage company in Ireland have the other one.

Markheliops

I thought the first one services St Michaels Mount in Cornwall, the Mk2 is now blue and a few pix on here, and 2 went to the Phillipines, did GKN build one too? I would be interested in the one in the salvage yard if there is any information?