Bedford MWD restoration

Just a quick note that all images posted on this thread by me are my property and are copywrite and must not be reproduced elsewhere by any means. 

After many months of searching I am now the proud owner of an MWD :D thanks to a chance encounter at the Dallas digout I now have this little beauty to keep me busy for a while. With the chassis No. MWD 294* looks like its a quite an early aero screen  ;).

100_2597.jpg

Yes MW's can be grown in a greenhouse :D

100_2599.jpg

100_2598.jpg

100_2606.jpg

All strapped down and ready to roll

100_2609.jpg

65 miles later and using my mate Neils Dodge to pull the old girl off the beaver tail

100_2610.jpg

Reg and the rivet

100_2611.jpg

All tucked up in new shed :laugh: note clean carpet !!

Very great thanks firstly to Shawn I hope you enjoy watching her restoration also to Reg and MF Freeman for use of the Beaver tail and my old mate Neil for helping unload and push her into the shed with the Dodge, more pics to follow :D

100_2607.jpg

Edited by rampant rivet
Typo

Let's shake hands since I'm restoring a late bedford MWD at the moment! I hope we all can support you during the restoration through exchanging pictures, experiences and answers to the many questions that will come! I wish you good luck with the restoration project!

Danny

Thanks Guys :D this will be a long term resto with no deadline unlike the Champ thing and as its an early one there are parts missing that will take some time to find, luckily the chassis etc is in really good cond

100_2497.jpg

100_2500.jpg

100_2509.jpg

Cheers RR.

Edited by rampant rivet

Hi Jeremy,

Nice to see more details of your new MW..

Did you find a contract number on her..(on the back body or in the cab)??

Is it possible to show us some pictures of the towing hook..???

If you are looking for a rear toolbox for the right hand side i might have one for you..

Cheers,

Louis

Edited by Louis

Excellent find and a restoration which I will look forward to following.

Looks like where it was resting was an interesting place, Thomas Green Road Roller and a Scammell Explorer in the background of one of the pictures.

Hi Jeremy,

Nice to see more details of your new MW..

Did you find a contract number on her..(on the back body or in the cab)??

Is it possible to show us some pictures of the towing hook..???

If you are looking for a rear toolbox for the right hand side i might have one for you..

Cheers,

Louis

Hi Louis

Will take lots more pics on tues for you, yes I am looking for the tool box send me a PM please, I have not found a contract number yet but will have a good look again I will also look carefully on the bonnet and wings for any ID.

RR.

Beginners luck :cool2: Just checked parts list and looks to be correct thanks for info Richard as its an early one looks like it will be used on the Mw not bad for a fiver :-D

That was a bargain, and they can be dismantled to clean the contacts as they usually only suffer from that.

Yes I see what you mean, I will keep my original switch if serviceable have rebuilt the champ switch unit and still have some lettraset left over to do the lettering.

May swap or sell this unit if not needed for Mw bits in the future :D.

Edited by rampant rivet

These are the best pictures i have of the Enamel badge. Iff you zoom right you can make out its not the normal round badge, more like the pre-war civilian badge. I would guess the badge came from a civilian model, but i can't find it yet.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]74530[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]74531[/ATTACH]

This is the badge I may use on mine,it has a slight V in it, rather than flat, so probably came off a civilian truck grille.

bedfordbadge001_zps91de3c7e.jpg

that grill came from an OX with the narrow tires on , its badge was also cast .

Pictures which B. Vanderveen and myself got from Bedford when they closed down show only on the prototypes with the big holes in the bumper enamelled badge`s the first MWG`s on the pictures already have that cast round badge.