M35 trucks

flywheel

• 3 weeks later...

Shame they're not allowed to be exported!

They'd surely be worth more than that on the open market.

Probably just the over supply in the US market that keeps prices so low.

If the GL places let them go to exporters they'd see a better price and more money back in Government coffers.

Shame they're not allowed to be exported!

They'd surely be worth more than that on the open market.

Probably just the over supply in the US market that keeps prices so low.

If the GL places let them go to exporters they'd see a better price and more money back in Government coffers.

They do allow them to be exported, but it's only by big export companies that buy dozens of trucks, refurbish them, then sell them to foreign governments.

There is Reomie in Holland that sell the M35's. This is my all time favourite truck. I was chatting to a Canadian on Steel Soldiers who has 6 of them. He told me that if I was interested that he would look for a very nice example and could purchase one on my behalf. Don't think there is the export problems getting the Canadian versions exported, and I think theirs are the ones with super single tyres, auto boxes etc, the A3 versions. Would have to get round the registration and MOT problems though as these are late trucks.

http://www.reomie.com/

This will make you weep, all these nice trucks and can't buy one of them...:cry:

http://www.governmentauctions.org/aNoFeeAuctionItemList.asp?txtKeyword=M35A2&bVehicles=1&btnSearch.x=30&btnSearch.y=20

I was with a Canadian owner last Thursday who has a fleet of them - all different models, Mack, Reo, Kaiser, etc. I was flabbergasted by the variety. The bridging unit models were the most impressive. Solid big eff off trucks. They sound wonderful and look like monsters. I know what I'd have. If I could drive one of the things. I go by MUTT - he had ten of them as well.

MB

• 7 months later...

i have a m35a2 reo and she is such a lovely truck to look at and drive we was after one for years before we found one we like they app sell like hot cakes great truck recomend them to any one :D

So I guess the fact that Canada has not been assimilated into the USA yet, and the fact we have an M35 and and M109 (shop van not SP gun) is making ours worth a bit more?

If anyone really wants one we would consie r export to UK by Ro Ro im sure

Good dealer for parts is Dave Newman at Eastern Surplus, no connection, not family or brothe in law, just deal with him, honest fair chap

R

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 1969 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 with the Herculese multi-fuel engine and a winch that I'm restoring. I purchased it at auction from the U.S. Government, sight unseen at Fort Indiantown Gap in Pennsylvania and drove it 700 miles home. It took me 17 hours driving, with no significant problems other than wipers didn't work in the rain and the fuel gauge was erratic. I received it last July. I drove one while in the U.S. Army and stationed in Germany 1970-1971 and had wanted one ever since. They are a great truck, but BIG! Mine attracts a lot of attention while driving around.

• 3 years later...