Will (Swill1952xs) got married............ again

Swill1952xs

My wife and I had our sixteenth wedding anniversary on Friday. Last year we decided to re-take our vows as near to our anniversary as possible, and did so at the weekend.

We hired a car for the occasion. It was a 1930 Plymouth Sedan. There were fifty made for the UK market and this is the only one left.

IMG_0008.jpg

The wedding took place at The Holy Cross Church in Uckfield. We were unable to have our original marriage there as we had both been married before, and The Church of England doesn't recognise second marriages. Fortunately they were more than happy for us to re-take our vows and bless the marriage after the time elapsed.

The reception took place at The Barnsgate Manor Vinyard, near Crowborough. We had the Manor House for the occasion, which was ideal for the number of guests we had. (30) They did a superb job, very well organised and a lovely meal.

They had two surprises we hadn't expected. Firstly they arranged a magician to entertain us during the meal, and the biggest surprise of all was a long forgotton tradition of a visit by a chimney sweep. A genuine one at that too! He arrived near the end, complete with a live black cat on his shoulder. He wished us well and gave us a card complete with a silver charm. Absolutely brilliant.

Here are some pictures of the day..........

IMG_0014.jpg

Entering the Church with my two step daughters and two of our grandchildren.

IMG_0030.jpg

We were very lucky to be allowed to photograph the service in this way. Most Vicars wont allow it.

IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

The moment they had all been dreading.......... the speech.

IMG_0112.jpg

The beautiful cake my wife made and decorated......... simple is best. We bought the cup cakes.

IMG_0125.jpg

The sweep with "Costya". So called because it's his wifes cat and when he wants to borrow it, she says it'll costya. :-D

IMG_0126.jpg

These pictures give you an idea of what a fantastic day it was. Here's to the next sixteen. :)

Just another little bonus we had offered on the day. The gentleman who owns the car was surprised at the number of us interested in the car itself. It wasn't long after we arrived at the reception that the bonnet was up and we had a guided tour of the car.

He has offered to get me some free tickets for the Festival of Transport at Hellingly in August, and has offered to let me drive it round the display arena, and my wife to come round with me too.

He restored the car from a box of bits in the mid seventies. He had the engine rebuilt and discovered that the fifty built for the English market had smaller pistons than the American ones. The U.S. ones were 28hp and the UK ones were 21hp, due to the way cars were taxed here. This particular car was at the motor show in 1930.

A really beautiful car. :)

Many congratulations to you both, what a fantastic day you had. Beautiful pictures as well. As you say, heres to the next 16 years.

All raise your glasses-------chin chin :):):):yay::yay::yay:

Best wishes from Mr and Mrs R-cubed (very nearly 13 years married!)

Congratulations to both of you. Great idea. We want to do the same someday, it's double the time for us.

Even more important on this forum, do my eyes not deceive me as the wedding car has an 'MV' plate!

Have a happy and long life together.

Many thanks for your kind comments and good wishes. It was such a fantastic day. We used to have an annual anniversary party inviting all the guests from the first time we married, but over the years that stopped. By popular request at the wedding, it will now be re-instated. Certainly worth celebrating.

I'm really lucky to have found Karen. I've known her since she was fourteen, and we always were fond of each other. The love we share has changed from when we first married, and in some ways probably deeper than ever. She's my wife, lover and best friend........... all any man could ever need. :)