Stalwart braking system & other bits

I must point out that I asked Neil several times to look if anything was coming out & I pointed out that it must be going in somewhere as it was not rising on the dipstick, but he was adamant nothing was leaking... You will find Neil tomorrow clearing up 30lt of old & new oil that was dumped on the field:coffee:

Christ sake! Looks like I am gonna have to get them to give you a hand....you only had to ask for someone with skills

Well - brakes are now working OK - an emergency stop leaves 2 nice furrows in the ground and there is no pull to one side.

However - we cannot get the steering to bleed properly!! Looks like I've got to find a way of getting all 4 front wheels off the ground in order to be able to bleed it properly. Now where is a Ward la France or Mk 3 Millitant when you need one!! :)

Oh - and the O/S fan pulley insists on over-tightening itself for no apparent reason...... :shake:

Oh - and the O/S fan pulley insists on over-tightening itself for no apparent reason...... :shake:

Have spoken to RF about this, will explain when I see you Thursday

Looks like I've got to find a way of getting all 4 front wheels off the ground

Easy, get the front on the two axle stands you have there, & jack the other two wheels up.. see you Thursday:sweat:

Have spoken to RF about this, will explain when I see you Thursday

Easy, get the front on the two axle stands you have there, & jack the other two wheels up.. see you Thursday:sweat:

Got a spare jack then - 'cos there is only one on the Stolly!! :)

LEE, It might be a bit obvious,(But sometimes the obvious can be overlooked!) But, could you get away with jacking up & supporting the last wheel on some Bulk timbers!

That way you still only need the three Jacks.

Just an observation, you have worked so hard that I would think you may just be a wee bit tired. And MAY have missed this small, but signifficant aid? :???

JUST my own thoughts.....:)

Sorry folks - we have been beaten, the Stalwart will NOT be at W&P this year!! :cry: :cry: :cry: Despite the very best efforts of Lee and myself in all weather conditions ranging through rain, hail, lightning and heatwave we have run out of time as the latest issue looks like being another big one!

We went to bleed the steering hydraulics today - having first topped the hydraulic tank up to the "Max" mark - and got nothing. Lee removed the end of the feed pipe from the hydraulic tank to the pump, expecting fluid to pour out as the EMERs seem to indicate it is gravity feed - and nothing came out whatsoever. We can only assume now that there is a blockage at the tank end. This means that the tank will have to be drained and removed to be cleaned. Not something we could have done in the time available to us.

To say I'm gutted does not even begin to get close to how I'm feeling right now :cry: :cry: :cry:

The young ones in the AMVG group will be upset that there will be no Stolly tours again this year. And if the the marshals are insisting the same rules are applied as last year in that tracked driver on "L" plates are required to have a qualified driver in the commanders seat I can't see me getting out and about much either.... :-(

Just for the record - outstanding work we could have done today if the steering had't been screwed is:

Refit all split pins to the braking linkage

Refit return spring to brake pedal

Pullout winch cable and (hopefully) rewind/stow properly

Replace cover plates on winch housing

Replace cab floor plates

No one can say you Guy's didnt give it 110 percent effort to try and get everything working properly . You ran out of time ....... You didnt cut any corners and did outstanding work on what you were able to finish !!

Edited by abn deuce

I'm sorry to hear that Maud is not gonna make it to the show Neil ! Certainly wasn't through lack of effort ! At least you will be going with your OT so you won't miss out totally ! Hope to still have a chat over a beer mate ! :-D

Still trying to source a low loader wide enough to take the OT.... All I need now is to strike out on that one too...............:shake: :shake: :shake: :shake:

Still trying to source a low loader wide enough to take the OT.... All I need now is to strike out on that one too...............:shake: :shake: :shake: :shake:

Why can't you use the same one as last year Neil :???

We used Rex's last year - the load bed was just wide enough with outriggers but the ramps were not - we had to make auxiliary ramps out of railway sleepers to get the OT on and off as the tracks straddled the ramps.

Not a problem last year as we had the F-250 with it's massive load bed to haul the sleepers around in. Had to sell that this year due to lack of funds from not having a job so we couldn't do it again.

Edited by ArtistsRifles