Overlord 2009

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
Alas you had to look hard on saturday to find only a handfull WW2 vehicles, the largest display area was the Red ball express guys with plenty of Jimmies

Do you think the fact people turn up at Lunch time collect there free gift and bugger off at tea time has anything to do with it.:-D

the overlord show was graet and thank you to everone who helped me with my pig. i got some good advice and learnt a lot,thank you clive, nice one.. but just a quick gents one why do we have 2 shows on at the same time. its madness, have them on different wkends, then the shows will be bigger and better with more people being there. more for the public to see.

Thought it was yours mate but didnt see you,or did i ,was you having trouble with your hydraulics :-D

Pat, hope your mum gets better soon.

See you soon,.........(or if your REALLY unlucky,..........even sooner.........:nut:)

Andy

Thanks Andy nice to see you after so long.

Just got back form the Overlord show and I must say it was one of the best ive attended for a long time. Great mixture of vehicles, classic cars and re enactment displays. I even managed to pick up a few bargains as well from the many military traders there. Simon do you have any shots of the battle in the arena? as I was on the mortar crew. Well done to the organisers.

Paul

Missed you as well mate great arena event well done.CW.

This year, the MVT tour started from the Beaulieu show. Next weekend there will be a lot of IMPS vehicles, and about another 50 more MVT ones going to Normandy on their respective tours, through Portsmouth on the Monday. The Horndean show could have picked up more entries if it had been the following weekend. A missed opportunity.

Thats a valid point Richard,i attended both as Pats Mum improved so we went BB,i think both shows suffer due to this stupid situation but i am sure you are aware of the polotics involved.mant may not be but not to be discussed here.:trustme:

Thought it was yours mate but didnt see you,or did i ,was you having trouble with your hydraulics :-D

i had troubles with my control panal and electrics , and as the old pig was a non runner , electrics not my strong piont. :banghead: . the old thing is running now so im glad i got it lowloaded to the show.

Well the cubes got back about 8pm last night. We had a fantastic weekend, loads of public came along. A bumper amount of vehicle entries, including a load of classic cars on Sunday. The traders (that I talked to) said they had a very good weekend so that must be good news.

The weather of course helped immensley. I was one of a team of 6 manning the gate on Saturday and we never stopped. Defo a bumper year. Thanks to all those whocame along and supported us.

Oh and by the way, thank you to all the kind words of support from the MVT members who were very understanding as to why we had to charge this year, except the one git who thought he could intimidate me with his big words and random arm waving in my face. Hope you had a good time in Beaulie

I can't get the time off work!! Bugger.

My dad's caught my cold from the bunker bash and is laid up in bed!(it's his age, hehe)

First time in 10 yrs that i'm gonna miss this=gutted.

I di go looking for you lot (when I wasn't running around like a headless chicken!) and was upset I couldn't find you, sorry you couldnt make it this year, hope daddy Rambo feels better soon

Had a great day there today,Tomorrows looking even better,glad to see the shows doing well,not dead or cancelled as some would have you believe,get your finger out and get down there.CW.
Nice to see you CW and PW and sorry I didnt recognise you straight away! Hope PW mum gets better soon

As CW's already said, a great show, today; :) great to catch up with the aformentioned CW and Pat, Rosie and Russ, (did you ever get around to making your poor hard working partner a cuppa, Rosie......:cool2:) and Nic J.

Must point Bedfords nose in Horndeans direction, next year.

Pat, hope your mum gets better soon.

See you soon,.........(or if your REALLY unlucky,..........even sooner.........:nut:)

Andy

Nice to see you to Andy, no I never did get round to making the cubed one his tea!!!!!!! I was also on the gate most of Monday as we were so busy, my feet are swollen today!

This year, the MVT tour started from the Beaulieu show. Next weekend there will be a lot of IMPS vehicles, and about another 50 more MVT ones going to Normandy on their respective tours, through Portsmouth on the Monday. The Horndean show could have picked up more entries if it had been the following weekend. A missed opportunity.
We have allways had our Overlord Show on the may bank holiday weekend. It was the MVT who around 4 years ago decided to hold their show on the same weekend less than 50 miles away spoiling it for MV owners/traders/public. As a club we have offered secure parking for any vehicle owners who wanted to store theirs for the week ready for the crossing over to France, several have taken us up on it.

I attended Overlord 2009 today (unfortunately the only day that I could make it) and was very pleased by the welcome - I'm not a military vehicle owner, purely an interest and photographer! Many thanks to the guy doing the commentary on the final parade for letting me have access inside the arena so that I could get some nice angles.

I was very impressed with the line-up of vehicles, though I understand that there were many more which had left by today which was a shame (though understandable with them catching ferries etc). Once I've converted all the photos, I'll do a review on here with a link to the full set on my site - it'll be a few days as there are 500 shots to go through - if you had a vehicle there today (Monday) there will be at least one shot of it appearing!

I'd make one suggestion to the organisers ref the website. When Joe Public want to attend events like this and check out the website for details, one thing they would like to know is how much it will cost them. That is something I couldn't find anywhere on the event web pages! Very reasonable entry cost though! Being used to airshows, I am used to entry prices of £15 plus so to find that this was a day out for £6 was a nice surprise!

I spotted someone taking photos, wonder if was you (we had several members of the press on site as well, even some from France) Hope you got one of the cubed one towing the Howitzer. Look forward to seeing the pictures

Think I only saw one, but did not take picture of it :banghead:

Paul

Bet it was a really nice one with a Vickers.:)

A blast from the past............I can remember Brooke Bond Tea used deliver with these Trojans.

That dates you, bright red if I remember correctly but I don't think they had a Perkins in them or is my memory on the blink again:-D

That dates you, bright red if I remember correctly but I don't think they had a Perkins in them or is my memory on the blink again:-D

Yes, I think that I might be just a bit older than the van :(. They had a choice of engines, either a Trojan two stroke or a Perkins P3, not sure which the BB Tea vans had.

Didnt the two stroke have a pull handle start in the cab,:nut:got the Dinky of course.:-D