Bedford MW to Normandy - recommendations on where to stay

Hello,

I am taking a Bedford MW over for the D-day celebrations this year.

I have not been since the 50th Anniversary year - which was fantastic - so cannot remember what's what.

Any suggestions on accommodation, be it camp sites, Chambre-dotes etc gratefully recieved.

Thank you

Jules

Fromwhat I have heard a lot of the camp sites are fully booked, your best bet may be to contact the Normandy tourist office to see if they have a list of vacancies. The municipal site at Asnelles just East of Arromanches is very conveniently placed to be able to visit every where and is a nice flat site.

Fromwhat I have heard a lot of the camp sites are fully booked, your best bet may be to contact the Normandy tourist office to see if they have a list of vacancies. The municipal site at Asnelles just East of Arromanches is very conveniently placed to be able to visit every where and is a nice flat site.

And think youll find all visiting military vehicles have to be pre registered with the local authorities where you are staying

Edited by Nick Johns

And think youll find all visiting military vehicles have to be pre registered with the local authorities were you are staying

Yes Nick you're right there...... I'd forgotten about that. If you're a member of the MVT I think you can be added to their list of approved vehicles.

You can stay with us if you get stuck.

We have a field with the house there, just south of Bayeux off the St Lo road.

There are 20-30 others staying with us.

Running water, barns if it pours down, and a toilet are available - i've just worked out how to order a French portaloo.....

Ken

wey hey, i'll have a cheap bottle of plonk in the cooler!

Cheap? Top quality and very expensive if you dont mind............

Or Jack Daniels

Sorry Jules,

we've hijacked your thread!

Are you an MVT member? If you are, the MVT's tour organising commitee may be able to point you in the right direction re; registering with the authorities.

Baz's suggestion of Le Robinson is a good one, I've not stayed but I have visited, nice camp site.