WW2 UK webbing (?)

KimHansen

Hi

Need some expertise from you. Bought some surplus stuff and found some old backpacks. Many of them seem to be of British origin. They are stamped 1940 and 1941. The CF stamp is Danish for sure (Civil Forsvaret). Got some 40-50 pcs. Are they worth anything and when/where were this kind of backpacks in use (before they ended in a Danish warehouse).

Thanks

Kim

4ryr8w.jpg

16m4lrq.jpg

They are the standard British 08 pattern large pack which also formed part of the later 37 pattern webbing set for WW2. I have to agree with Enigma on the CF marking reducing their value. Try bringing them to Beltring in July.

Well – obviously I wont be a millionaire this time. But I’m glad for your answers anyway. A friend of mine mentioned a price around 10£ for each one in a good condition here in Denmark. How does that sound? Should I aim higher :-) ? .... or lower :-(

Thanks

At one of the Dallas digouts,

i paid £5.00 for the large pack and £3.00 for the small pack and i am sure that at Beltring you may still get them for this price with a bit of searching :-D

Ashley

Thanks everyone. Cant make Beltring this year, sorry. Normandy is possible, working on it. But you are welcome any time if you for some reason should visit Denmark :-)

Found a different type op backpack and I would like to hear your opinion on that. It’s a little bigger and stiffer. Same kind of stamp found in them – the arrow and year of make. Looking forward to hear from you. Thanks again

best regards

Kim

x5du1h.jpg

and back side ..

5pkllc.jpg

In the 60s - 70s we could buy these brand new and cheap as chips and everybody used them for school bags. Heavily customised to display one's football team, favourite band, etc of course.

Best one I remember was a friend who painted the entire flap with an iconic black / white (as opposed to black and white, i.e. shades of grey) picture of Hendrix. His haversack was army khaki: most people had RAF crab.

What a wonderful time.

Then Adidas brought out their iconic bag.

Again, thanks all. many of them are WW2 without any doubts, but for what purpose where they produced?. And – no divider inside any of them. - what price would you consider as fair ?

Here are some more pics:

Looking forward to further comments from you

Best regards

Kim

24zkkso.jpg

mrx0r7.jpg

35mi16h.jpg

96f6kk.jpg

rmr2vt.jpg

s5ckeg.jpg

In the 60s - 70s we could buy these brand new and cheap as chips and everybody used them for school bags.

True........in over 40 years of my working life, I think every one of my lunch bags was WW2 surplus :-D. First one was the army gasmask bag, present one a small pack, funny how the vacuum flask and lunch box fitted so neatly in to them.