HMVF to buy land in Normandy...

Jack

OK - so now that I have grabbed your attention.

Purely as a paper exercise - what would the interest be if we were to buy some land in Normandy - a place that everyone could go to and camp throughout the year? A base. It would have over a period of time, shower block, loos etc etc.

All official and paperwork signed and sorted. You/we paid for a legal share that would self fund the purchase. If you wanted out then your share holder could/would be sold on.

Not to concerned at the cons at this stage as it is a 'paper exercise' but more interested in demand/interest.

Your thoughts.

Cheers!

JB.

Good luck with this.

Although, I'm unlikely to become in involved in this particular project, I think it's an excellent idea and wish you all the best in making it happen. I think forum members could be thinking of other ways of making our mark, outside of the forum, to our mutual benefit.

Escargot and chips appearing on the club house menu?:shake:

Meules et frites, old boy. Meules et frites. Try the Cafe de Paris in Calais. Especially good atmosphere on a sunday morning when the church band come in for their beer. Also the place on the square in St Omer is nice too. Next to an Irish bar, can't name it at the mo. It has a Place de Marechal Foch street sign above it. Quality food done well for a reasonable price. Yumm.