GUY 'quad' in the outback

goanna

There is one currently being restored on the Isle of Wight at the moment. I believe the only other survivor of a Guy quad Ant is the one in Oz.

I rescued this Guy quad back in the early 1980's it was in a bit a state then, its had numerous hopefull owners since and at last its being restored

Edited by Nick Johns

I've seen two others here . The restored one in the link was a one owner .. spent its life on a remote property and was looked after ... not abused . They usually had the body chop treatment and a crane fitted . Being cable brakes and very underpowered .. The good thing was the winch = they would have ended up in the timber industry or as a yard crane . They were only ever used in training roles here, I think the army considered them to be obsolete .

Mike

• 1 year later...
I've finally unearthed a picture!:

I think I have some pictures of the same Quad Ant taken again many moons ago but I think the fire engine had changed to a Dennis max or similar . Does anyone know what has become of this vehicle?? I did chase after one of these a few years ago that was supposed to exist near Thirsk in North Yorkshire , which disappeared into thin air

I know of a good number of Quad Ant GS's up and down in various states from a chassis to full trucks but don't know of many 4x2 Guy Ants like my own ?