More clogs please - Andy has joined the 1k clubhouse.

Jack

Fellow 1000 posters it gives me great pleasure to welcome Andy F to the new improved clubhouse (we had a grant from the EU to extend the clubhouse garage so that we could house Andy's big stuff). As always Andy you know have your own room and your own mini bar - Topped up daily by the staff.

No rank in the 1K Clubhouse and your are amongst good company we even have post war chaps in here. The clubhouse as always been animal free but I over heard a conversation in gym about someones Mutt.... have yet to find it.

Welcome aboard, dinner is at 21:00 and then to the drawing room for a lecture from N.O.S. about big drill bits - take notes, he often has a Q&A session afterwards.

Hi Andy,

welcome to the club :thumbsup: as for the link i remember Pinky and Perky sang a better cover version.........the only problem with these links is that it can take me sometimes several houre to rejoin the forum as i get sidetracked hhhmmmmm

Ashley

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
Well done Andy, :clap:

Do think your new status would allow you try bending Lee's ear over dinner about restoring editing rights to the Explorer index, after all what use is it to any Scammell Fanatic oops 'serious research student' now it can't be updated?

I mentioned this in a post asked Joris but he obviously didnt read it or he would of answered.Apparently its to stop people changing there mind in a discusion thread,ie changing sides,something we must of been suffering a lot of.:confused:i think reposting something you have corrected,is a bit like buying a book and reading all the mistakes on a separate page,or the bottom of the page,So when you read the page it makes sense.I found lots of stuff i could insert in the correct place in my overland trip.to add it on the end just doesnt make sense.And not terribly british.:-D

I mentioned this in a post asked Joris but he obviously didnt read it or he would of answered.Apparently its to stop people changing there mind in a discusion thread,ie changing sides,something we must of been suffering a lot of.:confused:i think reposting something you have corrected,is a bit like buying a book and reading all the mistakes on a separate page,or the bottom of the page,So when you read the page it makes sense.I found lots of stuff i could insert in the correct place in my overland trip.to add it on the end just doesnt make sense.And not terribly british.:-D

It was answered in full CW... there's little point in altering past posts when they are buried a few pages back & those following a thread don't know the post has been edited, you can always make a correction in a new post & leave a link to the relevant post.. if it's that important we can put a link in the original post to the correction...

Apparently its to stop people changing there mind in a discussion thread,ie changing sides,something we must of been suffering a lot of

Not at all...

You still have 24hrs to make corrections... pleny of time to change your mind or swap sides CW;)

If any members have any other questions on this please PM the MODS/ADMIN..

Cheers Lee

Well done Andy, :clap:

about restoring editing rights to the Explorer index, after all what use is it to any Scammell Fanatic oops 'serious research student' now it can't be updated?

Are you no longer able to edit the Explorer Index ? Is it the case that after a certain amount of time has past we can no longer edit our posts ? Gritineye, if your wish is granted, and you are once again able to edit, you may also like to consider requesting that the Index is moved to a location where we can more easily find it. How about at the very beginning of the Explorer thread ?

Edited by 6 X 6
Spelin misstac !

Are you no longer able to edit the Explorer Index ? Is it the case that after a certain amount of time has pasted we can no longer edit our posts ? Gritineye, if your wish is granted, and you are once again able to edit, you may also like to consider requesting that the Index is moved to a location where we can more easily find it. How about at the very beginning of the Explorer thread ?

Index now on it's own here http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?t=10943 just PM when you want it updated... will stay at top of the list...

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

I know i did bricklaying and boxing at approve school and not english,but i still dont get the griff.Joris said it was to stop people changing there mind,i will find the post.

Why prod a moving cow? CW.

I know i did bricklaying and boxing at approve school and not english,but i still dont get the griff.Joris said it was to stop people changing there mind,i will find the post.

Why prod a moving cow? CW.

We've been through this all before... I'm not sure why you feel the need to make a big thing out of things all the time.... as I said in my previous post, please take this to PM...

Who was that German?

Anyway Andy, welcome to the Millennium Falcon. You'll find your clogs in the cupboard under the stairs. There is a lovely view of the gum trees from the balcony of the snooker room (above the abbatoir) and on a clear day you can see the Roos grazing on the Downs. It's a shame about the traffic noise, but you can't have everything.

Happy days,

M