Classic military vehicle magazine

private mw

I'd watch that lad! He appears to be getting a Darth Vader complex!. :shake:

Give him a couple of years and he'll be editing his own magazine.

(Actaually he reminds me of another journalist who keeps harrasing hard presed contributors about writing out numbers and the correct use of a semi colon)

YES SIR! :sweat:I will write out one hundred times........

In our wheel chairs we will be reading the paper with news from the current trouble spot going 'Ah yes, I knew that young Harry when he was taking embarrasing pictures of people on bicycles'. More power to you Harry! :-D

Hi Guys,

I'm NO expert on photography or Ferrets but is it me or is there something funny about the front cover photo of the ferret? Theres just something about it, looks like the background has been added in or something, if you look at the 30cal , bren, wing mirror and front chain they all look a bit funny around the edges, a bit like they have been stuck on. The actual ferret dosent seam to sit or look right either. Ive looked at all the other photos in the mag and they look fine? Maybe Snapper can help out with this one?

Hi Guys,

I'm NO expert on photography or Ferrets but is it me or is there something funny about the front cover photo of the ferret? Theres just something about it, looks like the background has been added in or something, if you look at the 30cal , bren, wing mirror and front chain they all look a bit funny around the edges, a bit like they have been stuck on. The actual ferret dosent seam to sit or look right either. Ive looked at all the other photos in the mag and they look fine? Maybe Snapper can help out with this one?

I'm at the office just now and don't have my copy to hand - but I would say there is something about the cover and to be honest I can't put my finger on it. I'll report back.

There is nothing 'funny' about the Ferret pic and nothing added in. The reason why it 'pops' out of the page is that the light was so dull (Bunker Bash couple years ago) that flash was used to enhance the natural light. Also, the grass and sky have been darkened slightly to make the text stand out more.

While I'm at it, far be it from me to let facts intrude on a good story, but it wasn't CMV that chopped off Catweazle's head and inserted Pat Ware's. It was the IMPS mag, Imprint. And the Imprint editor was subsequently ditched, although I don't believe that particular incident was the cause of his demise.

Carry on....

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

Before i remove every picture i have on Photo Bucket,i think it would be nice jack if you explained that.i dont consider it breached the rules,its good gossip and true.How come Mr Blackman comes on and the post i put on more than once is not acceptable any more,i think there is some politics going on.Please dont Pm me Jack say it on here or not at all,Thanks CW,

Before i remove every picture i have on Photo Bucket,i think it would be nice jack if you explained that.i dont consider it breached the rules,its good gossip and true.How come Mr Blackman comes on and the post i put on more than once is not acceptable any more,i think there is some politics going on.Please dont Pm me Jack say it on here or not at all,Thanks CW,

CW,

I understand it could have been a copyright issue, so I have no problems in it being removed. See my PM to you.

Richard

Sorry CW - but I will not be pulled into a bun fight on open forum - that is why I sent you a PM. As always - there are no politics, thank you. I have no problems with the content of your post apart from the misuse of someones name.

Just as a reminder, the rules state:

Flaming:

Aggressive slander, foul language, or serious harassment of other members will not be accepted (otherwise known as flaming). However, HMVF supports an informal, friendly and relaxed discussion atmosphere, and in deference to this, acknowledges some tolerance to the above. As these forums are often viewed both at home and in workplaces, family language is encouraged. Moderators will use their discretion.

CW - my office number is 01258 880298 and give me a call if you want to talk this over.

Jack.

CW,

I understand it could have been a copyright issue, so I have no problems in it being removed. See my PM to you.

Richard

No problem Richard i see your point.its shame they didnt have common coutesy to ask if i minded .:argh:

Sorry CW - but I will not be pulled into a bun fight on open forum - that is why I sent you a PM. As always - there are no politics, thank you. I have no problems with the content of your post apart from the misuse of someones name.Jack.

Ok Jack understand your problem with imps copywrite.

Will re do the whole thing spell all the names correct plus tell the whole story,inc what the editor of imps mag said about the picture and who he said was aware of what was going to be done to the picture.Mr Blackman says he doubts he was sacked over this,well he should of been.As you can see this touches a raw nerve,It wasnt funny people phoning me to tell me about it.I never had an apology,a free magazine.or a years membership ,nothing in a way of an apology.

I seem to remember reading that CMV has an exclusive agreement to distribute only through WH Smith's, which for me is a shame as I do not live or work close to a WH Smiths.

My newsagent round the corner has stocked CMV for years and he had the December 2008 issue. When does this come it to effect?

There is nothing 'funny' about the Ferret pic and nothing added in. The reason why it 'pops' out of the page is that the light was so dull (Bunker Bash couple years ago) that flash was used to enhance the natural light. Also, the grass and sky have been darkened slightly to make the text stand out more.

quote]

This string has carried on a lot since my brief visit and there are other aspects to it which I will avoid out of my sense of loyalty to Pat. To be straight - I was going to echo what John says about the pic - I hadn't had time to look at it. Good use of fill in flash, I'd say..and a bit of 'imaging' stands out. Textbook procedures in the business.

MB