Malvern..

Jack

Booked a room at a hotel and just read the reviews...wish I hadn't!! Here is just a hand full:

The hotel was dirty, and exceptionally shabby. It was like staying a Faulty Towers. Grossly overpriced and the inclusive breakfast didn't get served as the waitress was also the receptionist and was incapable of both duties. I hope I do not ever have an experience like this again.

This was ghastly, Too many fo the staff were useless. They didn;t even do the basics right. It's minus two stars at best. A shame because it's a got a great position with some nice but hopeless people running it.

Do not stay at this hotel on a Friday night if you want to get to sleep before 1am!!!!!!!!!!! Live music in the hotel on a Friday night finishes at 12am. We were not informed of this prior to booking or upon arrival. The local 'youth' then hang around after the music has finished. I was in room 5 at the front of the hotel and did not get to sleep until 4am. The road was very noisy and you can hear every car going up / down the road.

The hotel staff are all young and lack customer service skills, including knowledge of the local area. When asked for a nice restaurant I was informed "donimoes" is nice if you like pizza but I don't really know as I don't live in Malvern.

The breakfast was awful. Checking out was a chore as the receptionist struggled to print the correct invoice, however the fire alarm was a possible distraction - not enough so as to evacuate the hotel!!!

the reception girl was super friendly and the breakfast was good. however, the decor was very shabby and the hotel itself would have benefitted from a good clean. our 'newly refurbished room' was ok although the standard of work was extremely poor. it lacked furniture and a phone but even a decent tv with remote may have helped!

This was ghastly, Too many fo the staff were useless. They didn;t even do the basics right. It's minus two stars at best. A shame because it's a got a great position with some nice but hopeless people running it.

The room was just O.K. the young lady on reception did her best but we were not impressed at all, the bed was not comfortable and having asked for a quiet room were horrified when as we had a rest before going to the theatre arround someone outside was posing in his BMW trying to attract a girl with his hooter and stereo. When we rang reception he did turn it off but to say the least it was offputing, I suspect he was a staff member. It is my understanding that the hotel is being refurbished but we were not informed of this until we were about to depart.

Extremely noisy - there was no warning when booking of the live entertainment til after midnight directly under our room. Beds uncomfortable, furniture shabby. Hotel staff very pleasant but amateurish. On the plus side fantastic view.

The shower room was full of damp and badly in need of a refurb. They had problems with the heating but supplied us with a radiant light heater which was so bright it kept me awake a lot. When I turned it off it was extremely cold. Not a place I would like to stay more than one night

The bed frame was broken, so I slept on a slant!. The room was very hot and the radiator valve was jammed. At breakfast the food had run out and we waited 30 mins for eggs. [informed by a guest about the delay and that they were waiting for the shop to open! not by the young man serving] We asked repetedly for coffeee and milk.

There was no apology. "Fawlty Towers" came to mind!!

Why does this sort of stuff always happen to me - anyone get a spare bed :confused::sweat:

And your still going to stay and pay

your mad mind you

you have got plenty of time to write out the review

Commander

Funny Chris - I did think about cancelling but then I thought about it and thought this would an experience and has to be done. This morning I got a call from the hotel saying that they have doubled booked so could I find somewhere else - gutted :argh: