Hello ... new to forum!

Vets Dottir

For starters, a special thank you to Joris for helping me with

my registration for this forum :yay::yay::yay:

I don't own any vehicles but am certainly smitten with other

peoples vehicles and have even enjoyed rides in some, and I

see many familiar names in here!!! I look forward to reading the

posts, learning, and even posting sometimes.

I ALMOST made it to Corowa!

I hope all of the above makes me a welcome member here.

Take care,

Vets Dottir (aka Carman)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome Carman - looks like you have made yourself at home already! You are the lastest member so you are washing up tonight and your turn for cooking breakfast tomorrow. Just grapefruit juice for me - my body is a temple.:coffee:

I think have some of Snappers custard creams left - would you like one?! :cool2:

Adam Elsdon: Cheeky boy, you! Thanks for the HMVF 101. Will this smile work for me in here? :)

Joris: Thanks. Yes, I made it. Had to call for help to beat the dogs back and open the gate, me being a defenceless woman and all trying to get into a mostly male dominated community, don't you know :cool2: I shall try to behave .................................

McSpool: NOW I know where that name for you comes from!!! Great to see you in here Hanno!!! :yay:

Rick n' Jill: Yeah, Ma yappy LIVES!!! :shocked: Good to catch up with you in here (all is well with me as I hope they are with you two!) I have a lot of browsing in here to do .............

Snapper: I'll try to be happy, depends on the rules ... (just kidding, I'm Happy Happy Joy Joy in here :-D ) I won't touch your custard creams. Promise ... (yum)

Tony B: Sane? In here? Have I come to the right place then??? :??? I'll just have to make you all crazy, to feel at home, I guess. :-D

Bazz: Rhymes with Jazz. I like Jazz. Thanks for the welcome :)

THANKS ALL for the nice welcomes!!!

Carman

Jack: Thanks for the welcome, and like my dearly-beloved-departed Mom used to say, "The grass don't grow under MY feet" ... and yes, a little of Snappers custard creams will really hit the spot right now, thanks :cool2: ... ( sorry I can't bow down to you, arthritic knee's you know, I'm sure you'll understand why I can't properly pay my respects to your temple. Can't do the cooking or dishes either, not today, but maybe next time ... or I can enlist my friends to do them for me :-D

Bodge Deep: Batman? Hmmmmm. Will have to consult with my geneologist on that one. I DO like his vehicle and maybe if related I'll inherit it!!! :-D Watch out for those monkeys!!! :cool2:

Richard F: Yes, thanks for knowing me :yay: Good to see you in here too (wherever do you find time? )

By the way ... this forum has some GREAT areas I'm interested in!!!

I'm really looking forward to visiting them. Maybe this will get me back

on my projects of organizing and trying to write something up about

my relatives that served - some lost their lives in France in WW1 and WW2 - for my family history, to pass on to kids and family!

Great site!

Welcome to the Friendly Forum , Pop on over to the Club house bar and pull up a stool or perhaps one of the overstuffed arm chairs would be more to your liking ? Many things to see and read here , enjoy !

Thanks ABN Deuce ... when I can find the Clubhouse Bar, I'll see you there :beer::coffee: The chair sounds great!

Good man. Your are in the right place. When you've settled in please share some of your family history with us. We like to honour our ancestors here. You never know there may be someone who can fill in a few blanks for you.

As for the Custard Creams...they are shared occasionally. But only after you've passed your probation. Will someone kindly tell this lad what he has to do to get his Blue Peter badge.

Hi Carman,

Isn't it good to feel welcome in a new community however there are many people you already know. When I joined recently I immediately thought that it would be your scene too. There may not be too many females but with the support that we offer these guys they appreciate what females do.

After being an organiser of the largest gathering of ex-military vehicles in Australia I regularly hear from people throughout the country and the world who respect and appreciate the time and effort that goes into events. These events enable people to network with other like-minded people. I am sure any comments you make on threads of this forum will be well received.

Jan

Good man. Your are in the right place. When you've settled in please share some of your family history with us. We like to honour our ancestors here. You never know there may be someone who can fill in a few blanks for you.

As for the Custard Creams...they are shared occasionally. But only after you've passed your probation. Will someone kindly tell this lad what he has to do to get his Blue Peter badge.

Hi Snapper,

(psssst ,,, I am an old woman, not a lad, but was known as a tomboy as a kid, does this work? :D )

If of a mind to share the custard creams, please do think of me ... Oh,

I also like zBuble-and-Squeak and Tripe-and-Onions! :yay:

Hi Carman,

Isn't it good to feel welcome in a new community however there are many people you already know. When I joined recently I immediately thought that it would be your scene too. There may not be too many females but with the support that we offer these guys they appreciate what females do.

After being an organiser of the largest gathering of ex-military vehicles in Australia I regularly hear from people throughout the country and the world who respect and appreciate the time and effort that goes into events. These events enable people to network with other like-minded people. I am sure any comments you make on threads of this forum will be well received.

Jan

Hi Jan,

Yes, it is great to feel welcomed and I don't know how I never found this place until now and know I'll enjoy it a lot, on many levels, and only hope I can add some good stuff for people here too.

After all these years, the impression I get is that you and Corowa are about one and the same for most people and ya can't have one without the other ... you're an important fixture and indispensible, and ain't that the truth. I'm surprized that there has been no YEAR OF COROWA JAN as yet!!! :D

Again ... very good to see you in here Jan and thanks for nudging me to join. I'm glad I did.

:)

I'll definately share some of the family history, at some point. Our family has some Canadian Fallen Soldiers in France from both the big wars. One huge standout is my Uncle Ed who was an executed Canadian POW, executed in a field with a group of others, by Hitlerjugend, allegedly under Wilhelm Mohnke's orders, (not Meyers) He was 21 at death, and is at rest in Beny Sur Mer. WW2 is so full of atrocity horrors I don't know how any family was NOT touched in some way :(

Other than service history, I do have an illusive GGG Grandfather who came here from Westminster, England, back in 1808, at age 17, to work for the Hudson's Bay Company, and his birthdate and birth place, or his parents names, can't be found in any of the Canadian side HBC archives or any family trees I've found ... so am always hoping to find some connection to take my search beyond that great wall!!! Have been "hoping" for several years by now :D

By the way, I did notice an area in here where I may spend some time, that's the researching family history and people area! Maybe I will add some brief stories about my Fallen Soldier relatives in there ;)

I love this place already and I feel quite at home, and it's you people who make me feel that way, so I thank you all!!!