Plain Invasion 09

Interestingly, they pulled Cheese Possessed from about two years-worth of every GP rat pack menu a few years back - looks like Primula (the then supplier) must have stuffed up the packaging or something, as I was led to believe that it went well off in normal storage :(

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't beat the american MRE's.

No, a baseball bat seems to have no effect on them. But you can try shooting with a heavy calibre or flame thrower though, that will some times kill them! :shake: Is it true the Granola bars are used to augment body armour?

PS I have some of the heating elements spare.

Interestingly, they pulled Cheese Possessed from about two years-worth of every GP rat pack menu a few years back - looks like Primula (the then supplier) must have stuffed up the packaging or something, as I was led to believe that it went well off in normal storage :(

I can remember when the cheese and other delights to include Jam, Margerine and Orange/Lemonade powder came in 10lb tins:shake: also on one ocaision geting a whole box if tinned Oatmeal blocks :coffee::coffee:

Ashley

Hello Madcow I am still waiting to here back from the guys at West Down mate. I did try Saterday but he had gone to a Regiment party. I will give him a shout midweek and see if the Cent is a go or not. If you wish to bring your other vehicles please do so. The way its going we will have as many Stollys as Landys.

Tony

Weren't they in the old 10 man packs???

We used to get them direct from the cook house some times by fair means and some times by foul means.

We used to in those days climb in to centurions/trucks/land rovers parked in Bhurphore ? barracks and remove all sundry of items including one day lots of (read several go-cart loads) of compo rations which fed the family for several months :shake: and i still have memories of one year when dad returned from East Africa to find the coal shed full with box`s of rations which he buried in the back garden one night due to a M.Q. inspection which was imminent :sweat:

Happy days

Hello Madcow I am still waiting to here back from the guys at West Down mate. I did try Saterday but he had gone to a Regiment party. I will give him a shout midweek and see if the Cent is a go or not. If you wish to bring your other vehicles please do so. The way its going we will have as many Stollys as Landys.

Tony

You can NEVER have too many Stalwarts!! :):):)

Paul, don't worry to much about breaking down mate. If it's going to go it will be during the valley run. Some of the guys have done this run and it's not for the faint hearted. Don't let me put you of, it is fun and a challenge all in one. Paul you will be fine mate.

Just a few puddles wasn't it?

Finally got hold of West Down today and it's not good new. Anyone wishing to bring a tracked vehicle will only be for static display. I have been told to let you know that on no account will tracked vehicles be permitted to drive on the ranges. The reason for this is the same as this year, tracked vehicle corse a fair bit of damage which the MOD are not perpared to pay for. At present all wheeled vehicles are allowed, They still can't give me any dates for the MRXs at the moment so we will carry on organising for this weekend. If the worst should happen and the weekend is cancelled I will let you all know ASAP.

Tony