Plain Invasion 09

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Mornring peeps,

I hope you are all well?

Fired off a request for the licence the other day and got the reply yesterday: The COMDT at West Down is happy for us to have the Bustard camp site again for next year. But..for some reason he has some concerns about the driving side of the event? As this event is geared for the drive-outs this has thrown up the question WHY? Having spent the last few hours ringing around to find out what the problem could be it has come to light that next year, Salisbury Plain is hosting 4 massive MRX EXs. Not going into too much detail about these excersises, for me and the rest of the team getting in the way of such training would be bad on all sides of the fence. At this moment in time we are waiting on the confirmation of EX dates to see where these MRXs fall. On the other hand if it's not the MRX then we will push for a compromise with West Down and the Army.

It maybe a strange time to give you some outlines for next year but hell, we've got to keep going just incase... So far we have decided, because of the 65th aniversary of the Normandy Landings we would like to attract as much WW2 kit to the site as possible. I can hear all PW guys now shouting "WHAT, WHY?" After a phone call to our leader JACK, we would like to invite some veterans down for the day. Saturday would be best as not everyone can get to the site on the Friday. The reason for the WW2 kit is to try and recreate a staging point in the wooded area, next to the camp site for the veterans to inspect and hopefully enjoy. Roy at the pub has generously offered lunch for the vets and once again, we are trying to get a local Regiment down for a few hours to participate. Hopefully if we can pull this off, what we should have is an area bursting at the seems with a whole range of vehicles, Guns and much more... WW2, PW, Modern and the future ie Army cadets. Like I said, this will only be for the one day (Saturday) with the rest of the weekend consisting of the norm hopefully - drive outs, beer, skittles and Rambo's cakes.

Any ideas that could help or anyone wishing to help with those WW2 vehicles are more than welcome to jump onboard and help us try and give these guys that gave so much a great day out.

Oh before I forget, we will be going with the ABF charity next year (request from West Down.) Also on the Saturday, we are hoping to get some VIPs from the local camps to come over and join in with the Vets and the Media MAGs, RAGs, Radio and TV. This is just an outline for what we would like to do but time is creeping up on us so if it's going to happen we need to get things moving. I will keep everyone informed on proceedings as I get news.

So that is about it for now, all WW2 vehicles, PW vehicles, Reinactors, bush bikes,,, everyone is invited to help to get this day off the ground. Plain Military may not be able to raise ££££££££££££££££ for these guys but with your help we could give them one hell of a day out in a location for some if not all of them would have trained before heading off to war.

Thank you for your time and putting up with my ramblings and hope to see you all next year on Salisbury Plain.

Tony Hoare.

Plain Military

• 2 weeks later...

OK guys and gals it has been decided to go for it next year. We still have no idea's of the MRX exs but we will try and work around them. This may result in traveling of the ranges and surporting some of the local Museums/ Camps and alike at times. We know this won't be to everyones likings but at this moment we are just trying to get something together for next year. The camp site is ours, Roy is more than happy for the Bustard Inn to be used as our HQs and skittles comp. Also we have decided that the costs for the VETs is far out of our price range and the money would be better being donated to our chosen charity, ABF. Everyone is welcome on this event WW1, WW2, Post War everyone. This is not your run of the mill event, you may get dust and dirt in places you never thought posible. Costs for camping will be the same as this year £15 for the whole weekend, Friday to Monday. Food will be on site thanks to Dave and his field kitchen, Dave will give you the prices for food very soon. So there you go guys, No booking in forms just let us know if you would like to come and what you would like to bring and I will add you to the list. Tracked vehicles are still in admitted but this could change.

Many thank and hope to hear from you soon.

Tony

ok as a rougth idea how does the following sound

breakfast each day sausage bacon egg and beans bread and butter

friday night chicken in sweet and sour sauce over spuds/rice

sat night meat pie mash and veg

sun night chops/joint roast pototoes and veg, crumble and custard

cost about a tenner a head for all weekend might be 15 depending on prices next year

if catering for about 30 then price should be about right

Hello Ash, Just the VRNs for the vehicles that will be driving on the ranges mate. The MOD just need to sort the weight limit for the TSA mate. Plus we can get the vehicle cards done rather than haveing to do it on the day.

Tony

Tony then it is OFO 703 cheers

Ashley