Plain Invasion 09

Great news peeps, Saracen ey not seen one of those vehicles on the ranges for a few years. Like I say Dave you can bring the Cent but it will have to stay static. We can set up a S.A at the front of the camp site if you wish to bring it along. Come to think of it we have a great wooded area you can set all tracked vehicles up in. I know we have a few ex tankies and some still serving popping over at some point during the weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a bit of a get together over the break and it has come to light that we don't have any motobikes in the convoy this year. Anyone with an old Army bike please feel free to bring it along.

Give Hardyferret a nudge he may bring his along (fancy derss optional) :cool2:

Ashley

• 5 weeks later...

Just a quick heads up on this years Plain Invasion, Things are now starting to move in the direction we would like it to move. First of as from the 1st Jan 2009 all requests have to be approved by SPTA ATE HQ, these are the big boys and to be truthfull I didn't think we stood a chace but no, they have given us the green light to run this event. There are curtain guidelines we now have to follow by the book but nothing we can't handle. The drive outs are in the final stages and will be sent forward ASAP. One thing I will say is Saterday morning maybe a no run for reasons that will become clearer nearer the time. We do have two EX running back to back the same weekend but neither our or there paths should cross at the moment. The driver training area is still a bit of a sticking point but working on it. My last throw of the dice for this is to tell HQ everyone wanting to try there hand at some surious off road driving will have pay for the opitunity. All the money will be for the ABF charity. I have been over to Bulford and got a very nice banner for this year, Same as last year, there will be a card for every vehicle turning up that needs to stay with you at all time while you are on the ranges. These cards will only be handed out to vehicle that are on the list, If you are not on the list you have one month to go. after that we have to stop taking bookings. No one will be able to join if not on the list. Once again it has been said that if we need it HQ are happy for us to have a bigger site but this will not be the case for this year as long as we all squeeze up a bit. Again the area will be the hard standing at the front, the grass camp site, the wooded area and hard standing to the rear. The MOD have a few worries about the size of the convoy but again we are working with them on this matter and may result in the vehicles being split into groups of ten with timed departures. Road crossings will have to be manned by our group so any help on this will be greatfully recieved. Thats about it for now, there are few other things but that can all wait till you get here. All the usual rules apply TAX, full licence, MOT blar blar blar.

All the best and see you soon.

Tony

• 4 weeks later...
i want to come with my stalwart ttu170h I am in guildford...will any vehicles be coming past me so I can meet up with them. I have a goodish marshalling area if any one wants to use it as such and then drive out...

How do I book in....

I will hopefully be coming that way on the Friday. :-D

I will hopefully be coming that way on the Friday. :-D

What time and in what, I will only be doing 30-40 mph most of the way...will you be held up or is that okay...but sounds like the start of a convoy...two up any more to come...

ooh sod it no, I cant go until saturday morning.....

Just a quick heads up, The licence will be dropping through the letter box any day. PLI is almost sorted, just need to check the small stuff. To date we have 60 vehicles + 4 Motorbikes coming this year. If you thought the convoy was good last year just wait till this lot hit the tracks. All routes are well in the planning stages and even though we are haveing a few glitchs trying to get the DTA we have a back-up plan. More later guys.

Tony

ooh sounds good, am getting my stolly cleaned up and tidy, giving her a full oil change and making sure she is running okay...going to get my air pack cleaned up and make sure it is all running ok......I may bring the 432 too if i can get a low loader to carry it...or if anyone has a spare place on a trailer for a 432...

Hi toni

I am back this time still getting the hang of the changes round here. sign me up 89 KE 55. i can bring 18X24 and a 12X12 if you think you will need it and i understand there was a issue with maps if we manage to get out on the plain i have a few 2008s....

Catch you laters

Cris