Plain Invasion 09

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul that water pump is going to haunt you for the rest of your life mate, HEHEHE. Neil could I post a few of your vids onto the Plain Military forum mate? Baz I think we are going to be ok with maps, Many thanks for the offer.

Tony

No problems Tony - use whatever you like mate. :)

the Old one will haunt Neil when I post it to him :)

That's OK Paul - I've got enough nightmares right now with little Maud's air system!!!! :shocked: :shocked:

Giz, The 12x12 will be of great help as a command post. I am just starting to go through what maps I have to see if we have enough. If you have any mate please bring them along. Thanks for your help.

Tony

No worries i will bring it along...

okay ...I have to arrive on the SATURDAY MORNING, I have committments on the friday and so cant make it then...where do i go...i will be hauling my stolly to site, easier quicker and a lot less expensive....mind you i will fill her with a good tank full...not often i do that..

Directions for camp site.

West bound M3 come of at junction 8 onto A303, Strait on for about 25 MLS till you approach Countess round-a-bout, take the third exit onto the A345 Devizes, follow road for aprox 1m till you hit next round-a-bout, take first exit of and follow road through Larkhill Garrison, drive strait on till you find Fargo camp on your left, about 1 & 1/2 mls on you will see Rollestone to your right,

Directions for camp site.

South bound M5 Gloster Junction 11A, take 417 to Swindon, cross M4 A346 to Burbage, take A338 signed Salisbury follow road to Tidworth, drive through Tidworth for 5 MLS passing Shipton Bellinger on your right, drive under the A303 and you come to a rounder-a-bout, take 3RD exit of and get onto the A303 then follow directions above.

Vehicles coming in from Dorset will need to get onto the Salisbury road and then to Stone henge.

I will post the post code for the Bustard in for all SATNAV user's soon.

Not to me it don't - I had a figure of around £600 return in the budget for this event......

Same firm quoted £500 each way from Thurrock Services to W&P!!

If I were working it might well be a different story but right now funds are most definitely finite and if it's not in the budget it just don't happen!!!

Neil,

I think you need to do some shopping around. A friend just got a quote from Swindon to Derby for £400 one way for a tracked vehicle. Try calling round some plant hire companies, they won't be busy at the moment. People who move tractors for a living are also useful. I've used both and had good service.

Chris

Neil,

I think you need to do some shopping around. A friend just got a quote from Swindon to Derby for £400 one way for a tracked vehicle. Try calling round some plant hire companies, they won't be busy at the moment. People who move tractors for a living are also useful. I've used both and had good service.

Chris

Thanks Chris - never thought of the tractor movers!!

It's ironic that, had I still been at work then I could likely have got one of the firms hauling stuff from the Ford New Holland plant in Basildon to help out!!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

well gonna get the stolly all spick and spam next weekend and have her all ready to go to the plains..need to do an oil change and am still on the lookout for some 12y plugs but to no avail so far...anyone got any...