HMVF Roll Call 2008

Mark

Ok matey I will try and I am sure others will fill in the gaps.

At the front is our Jack BVA.

There is myself, Safariswing, Snapper, Harry, Enigma, Zoomer, His son, John Pearson, Tootallmike, Markheliops, Grasshopper, Sirch, Gritineye, Cripp, Catweazle ( He's the one near the helicopter )

Apologies to the ones that I cannot remember, anyone else care to fill their names in please.

Sorry Mark, but Zoomer only has daughters...James in the red shirt is son of Snap - who calls himself Stryker on HMVF, although in our house he often seems to be known as Goandtidyyourbedroomit'sapigsty or yousodyou'veeatenthelastBakewelltart

:-D

NEXT YEAR I WANT TO DO THIS DIFFERENTLY. WE PROBABLY WON'T HAVE A CHERRY PICKER ANYWAY. I WONDER IF YOU LIKE THE IDEA OF JUST GETTING EVERYONE ON THE BANK AND DOING A BIG GROUP SNAP WITHOUT THE MVS OR BACK UP A COUPLE OF SMALL MOTORS AND THE ENIGMA MACHINE TO THE FENCE AND HAVE SOME ON THE MVS AND AROUND IT AND THE REST OF THE GANG SITTING/STANDING ON THE BANK. THIS YEAR'S PHOTO IS FINE FOR THE GENERAL ASPECT - EVEN WITH THE BACKGROUND CHERRY PICKER - BUT IT IS CRAP FOR IDENTIFYING FACES AND DID NOT TURN OUT HALF AS WELL AS I WANTED...I'M REALLY SORRY.

I'M OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS ON HOW WE DO IT BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE A MONOPOLY ON IDEAS. I RESPECT THE FACT THAT SOME PEOPLE DON'T LIKE BEING SNAPPED - BUT I THINK IT IS A SHAME WHEN PEOPLE GET MISSED OUT - WE COULD MAYBE EVEN DO SNAPS OF US IN SMALLER GROUPS TO POST UP EN BLOC - THESE OFTEN WORK VERY WELL - EVEN THOSE WITH PLANKGOD IN.

I THINK WE SHOULD ALSO CONSIDER HAVING AN EVENING BBQ WHICH WE ALL CONTRIBUTE TO (HARDLY A FORTUNE) AND HAVE OUR OWN SHINDIG - ATTEND AT YOUR LEISURE - NO PRESSURE. THE MINI GATHERING AND LEE AND IAN'S CAMP WERE HILARIOUS FUN AND VERY RELAXING AFTER A HARD DAY WORKING (FOR ME AND HARRY).

mb

I THINK WE SHOULD ALSO CONSIDER HAVING AN EVENING BBQ WHICH WE ALL CONTRIBUTE TO (HARDLY A FORTUNE) AND HAVE OUR OWN SHINDIG - ATTEND AT YOUR LEISURE - NO PRESSURE. THE MINI GATHERING AND LEE AND IAN'S CAMP WERE HILARIOUS FUN AND VERY RELAXING AFTER A HARD DAY WORKING (FOR ME AND HARRY).

mb

We can handle that at our place... Saturday evening??? maybe we could do the photo shoot just before so the lazy buggers get snapped too:coffee:

I am in the back row, with white shirt, next to Tootallmike. Clive Elliott is just to right of me, in black shirt

Richard

HaHa,and there is me just in front of you,slightly to your right.Mind you CW could have had the decency to point you out on the morning in question.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
HaHa,and there is me just in front of you,slightly to your right.Mind you CW could have had the decency to point you out on the morning in question.

You younger blokes want a ruddy nursemaid.

CW could have had the decency to point you out on the morning in question.

Sorry Mark,

Bit early for me on a Sunday.....I was only there because Bernard (Gritineye) came over and reminded me, had to borrow brother's jeep to get up there. We will catch up, and talk about the early days of Beltring, Southsea, etc. :)

Richard

I can only apologies to all ,

as i never made it due to the fact that instead of packing i was out socializing and had to pack up in the morning (and was still 3 hours late leaving than planned :-\.

Next year i`ll get more organized.

Ashley

Hey great picture and well done to all those that got out of bed early.....even Richard got up in time!!!

Well SOMEONE,.........not mentioning no names :whistle: was actually at the gates to arena at 8am.........(not me, I hastern to add.)as he was told thats the time it was happening;.............a clue,......burning sofa's.:-D

Andy

NEXT YEAR I WANT TO DO THIS DIFFERENTLY. WE PROBABLY WON'T HAVE A CHERRY PICKER ANYWAY. I WONDER IF YOU LIKE THE IDEA OF JUST GETTING EVERYONE ON THE BANK AND DOING A BIG GROUP SNAP WITHOUT THE MVS OR BACK UP A COUPLE OF SMALL MOTORS AND THE ENIGMA MACHINE TO THE FENCE AND HAVE SOME ON THE MVS AND AROUND IT AND THE REST OF THE GANG SITTING/STANDING ON THE BANK. THIS YEAR'S PHOTO IS FINE FOR THE GENERAL ASPECT - EVEN WITH THE BACKGROUND CHERRY PICKER - BUT IT IS CRAP FOR IDENTIFYING FACES AND DID NOT TURN OUT HALF AS WELL AS I WANTED...I'M REALLY SORRY.

I'M OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS ON HOW WE DO IT BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE A MONOPOLY ON IDEAS. I RESPECT THE FACT THAT SOME PEOPLE DON'T LIKE BEING SNAPPED - BUT I THINK IT IS A SHAME WHEN PEOPLE GET MISSED OUT - WE COULD MAYBE EVEN DO SNAPS OF US IN SMALLER GROUPS TO POST UP EN BLOC - THESE OFTEN WORK VERY WELL - EVEN THOSE WITH PLANKGOD IN.

mb

Agreed re the evenings around Lee's fire,.......also thursday at Enigma's pad,...........tart, thats me, :-D...........bbq sound like a mighty fine idea, esp as it seems most of HMVF will be in sam-ish area next year........

Photo idea's sound good, esp the smaller group ones, as per the HMVF tea drinking mini group.........

I planned to be there, but before I went up to the show (Friday 11th) there didn't appear to have been a decision regarding a meeting time. I don't think I saw any of you at the show and I didn't want to fire up the Reo at the crack of dawn on the off-chance (the neighbours weren't impressed with the warning siren that goes off while the brakes pressure up).

Next year for sure!