Lingfield Steam and Country Show

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

:rofl:Best take the champ then Mark,only 1200 left in the world.:rofl:You are going to get more of this in the future inc L/rovers.

:rofl:Best take the champ then Mark,only 1200 left in the world.:rofl:You are going to get more of this in the future inc L/rovers.
Nope! it was military vehicles in general.By the sound of it they werent that keen on having them,from his attitude on the phone.B.t.w Mark i dont think it was the Trevor fella that answered the phone.

You need to appreciate that the Surrey IMPS are having their annual BBQ at this show. Military vehicle entries need to talk to the IMPS organiser, not the show organisers. This is one of those shows where (for better or worse) you have to be pre-booked. As I understand it, IMPS are allowed to let entries in for their bit of the show and the BBQ but that is not necessarily the same as the general military vehicle section.

- Mike

Any one got contact details for IMPS Surrey rep.I will give him a bell,and see if i fair any better than the W***er i had yesterday.:thumbsup:

Here you go

Andy Neal 0208 686 3840

Goodness knows. All my paperwork is at home and I've no idea what I booked in. I'm just going to turn up and see what happens. Try calling Andy Neal as above and see what he says. I think I booked in the WLF, the Spartan and the MUTT but I can't really remember.

- Mike

Well spoke to Andy.He said for some reason,this year they have had more entrys than ever for Militarys.So i am going to try and blag my way in.Mark(Heliops)If you can get your big bird up near the gate..............

Humour4_clip_image001.jpg

That will be the ideal diversionary tactic,as all attention will be focused on her,and hopefully i can slip in under the radar.Will be bringing the cold beers after all.But there is only so much i can hold in a military flask.For those that havent met me yet,do come over and say hello.This is the Jeep i will be in.....

JEEPATBROMLEYPAGEANT.jpg

I have been told that if i dont have a pass,i will be directed to the car park,and told to pay.Dont mind paying.But if directed to the car park,then i will turn around and go home.I will be carrying the .50 in the Jeep.So wont be leaving that in the car park,plus the valuable beers.

Hi there,

Give Trevor a ring on this number, its the show hot line but ask to speak to trevor heron only, He runs the military section and owns a green toy as well, theres never been a problem before with military so i dont know who you spoke to and I'm sure trev wont be impressed by it either.

Phone No is 02082951510

Regards

Hi there,

Give Trevor a ring on this number, its the show hot line but ask to speak to trevor heron only, He runs the military section and owns a green toy as well, theres never been a problem before with military so i dont know who you spoke to and I'm sure trev wont be impressed by it either.

Phone No is 02082951510

Regards

It definatly wasnt Trevor that i spoke to on that number.Wiil give it one last try tomorrow,before operation big bird commences.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
It definatly wasnt Trevor that i spoke to on that number.Wiil give it one last try tomorrow,before operation big bird commences.

well what did he say,we are all waiting to know if we can just turn up.

Just want to say Thank you to Markheliops, Mark and TooTallMike for your help with lifting on and off my 5 1/2 ton of scrap from the back of the lorry. Also good to catch up with Lord Burley and Catweazel, He actually looked like he was behaving for a change.

Another good weekend

Regards

Does not sound like Trevor, also what has probably mucked it up is that Surrey area are having their show same place, same time.

Trevor came up to me at a show recently and gave me an entry form, when I said I couldn't attend this year he said send it in anyway so that I will be on file and he can remind me next time, very nice bloke, there must be some jobsworth muppet picking up the phone!