Lingfield Steam and Country Show

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Mark - ya wanna convoy from the farm.

Handy to have a wrecker following you - unless of course I break down. lol (now where is that wood)

Markheliops

Yeh OK, I shall be leaving about 11am how does that suit you ? and only go about 30 or I get the shakes still.

Hold - stop the press -

The Wards __**_*_ broken again - holy mother of ---jam.

Went to organise bits and pieces today and when I moved the Ward I applied the brakes and she dumped air from somewhere at the front. Wonder if the quick release valve diaphram is holed?

Well thats Lingfield messed up then - won't be there after all - sorry Mark.

Fed up with this -

There is no quick release valve on the front. More likely one of the brake cylinders is leaking. Remember, it is a 60 year old truck, and until you have personally been through and checked/serviced/repaired/restored just about every system, you will occasionally get problems.

Nearlly there now.... Just you air system, front axle and transfer box to do now!

There is no quick release valve on the front. More likely one of the brake cylinders is leaking. Remember, it is a 60 year old truck, and until you have personally been through and checked/serviced/repaired/restored just about every system, you will occasionally get problems.

Nearlly there now.... Just you air system, front axle and transfer box to do now!

Beg to differ young Grasshopper -

The quick release valve is situated just behind the front winch on the chassis crossmember - Check your manual young man - thats a beer you owe me.

Markheliops

Beg to differ young Grasshopper -

The quick release valve is situated just behind the front winch on the chassis crossmember - Check your manual young man - thats a beer you owe me.

Markheliops

Quite right Mr Mark. & 10 points to you. We'll think of an oily greasy job for Grasshopper in penance for not knowing all about our fabulous trucks :).

Now Mark - put on your best happy face and go and find out what the problem is: it may be a loose pipe or hose or some similar and equally easily-repaired thingummy. You have another truck there and a big pile of spares so it shouldn't be too bad.

You may note how easy it is for me to say this from 2000 miles away but it really can't be THAT bad. I'd suggest you put the kettle on, run the truck up to full air pressure, leave it running and wedge the brake pedal down to find out where the leak is. Then have tea and choccy bikkies. This will make everything seem better so you can do the repair and get to the show :).

- Mike

Quite right Mr Tootallmike.

Took the Ward by the wings and went up today for a last ditch attempted to get it repaired fior Lingfield.

Found the problem. The quick release valve (which I haven't got Vince) LOL - diaphram was holed.

SP_A0138.jpg

This is the offending diaphram.

SP_A0140.jpg

Took the diaphram out of the spare quick release valve on the other truck.

Everything is A okay now.

Probably going to be a winter project to renew all brake diaphrams and overhaul the complete system. Never been estatic about the Wards brakes.

Anyway - see you at Lingfield.

Mark - see you at the farm.

Markheliops

Anyone drink Stella?.I will be bringing a crate down,nicely chilled.

I drink Stella Mark - make sure you pitch next to my Ward - that way I won't have to walk too far to get a tinni -

If you can't find me - look for the tottie. LOL

Markheliops aka hornyops

I drink Stella Mark - make sure you pitch next to my Ward - that way I won't have to walk too far to get a tinni -

If you can't find me - look for the tottie. LOL

Markheliops aka hornyops

O.k mate.Leave me a space to get the Jeep in,and you have access to the Stella,s.

Well looks like the beers are off lads.Phoned the fella dealing with the show today to see about turning up with the Jeep.He said and i quote(I dont want anymore of the bloody things.I have a hundred booked in already,and people want to see a variety,other than military vehicles) What a Twat!.But he said(If i'm in the area over the weekend,then phone,and we might possibly get you in for next year) Yeah Right!!!.F**k off!!!.