Fiday 13th lives up to it's reputation...

RSSRobot

Well folks - Friday 13th lived up to it's name. Within 5 minutes of leaving home I almost lost the front of the wifes Explorer when an old biddy stamped on the brakes right in fornt of me at a set of traffic light. Cue four wheel skid #1 of the day. Got halfway to picking up Jason when the phone rang. Pulled over to answer it and it was the truck driver - conversation went:

Driver: "Where are you mate?"

Me: "Just leaving Dagenham to pick up a mate and I'll be at the destination at about 10:00 Why, where are you?"

Driver: "I'm sitting outside the warehouse at Gt Yeldham - didn;t they tell you I was delivering it at 08:30?"

Me: "No - I was told you were leaving the yard at 8:30 - it's going to take me an hour to get to you"

Driver: "mump, mump, mump, get here as quick as you can mate"

So I hot-tooted it throught the back lanes to pick Jason up - only to have a bimblehead in a BMW (what else) pull out of a side road in front of me and proceed to bimble along at 5 mph. Cue four-wheel skid #2 of the day.

Anyways - collected Jason OK and had a more or less uneventful ride up to Gt Yeldham arriving at 10:17 - not bad timing really considering. Thats when Friday the 13th bit again... THere's the OT sitting on the back of the low loader, unchained and with the ramps down ready to come off. But no "Tee" key to unlock the OT with. So there was no way we could unload her!!!! Driver was even less amused as he had another job to go to so we got the tools out and after a few minutes of twiddling and twisting persuaded one of the rear door locks to open. From there it was plain sailing - I jumped in, started her up then reversed off. As I was coming off the driver was whipping off the outrigers and boards and by the time I had stopped and put the hand brake on he'd got the ramps up and every thing chained dowm. Signed for delivery and he was off. Then I had to leave Jason sitting guard on the OT whilst I shot off and picked up the chap who runs the storage - he'd just come out of hospital after having a toe amputated.

Once the hangar was unlocked Jason guided me in and we parked up between a Bedford QL and a Leyland Leopard.

So - despite the worst Friday the 13th threw at us -

SHE'S NOW HERE IN HER NEW HOME!! :yay::yay::yay::yay:

I had some Friday 13th bad luck today. Firstly our trailer failed its annual test (brake imbalance on same wheel as last year despite only having done 400 miles since rectifying), then my project CVRT wouldn't start now that Mike has soldered all the wires together properly, and then the clutch master cylinder on my Discovery failed. Went to the IMPS barbeque this evening and got there safely with MUTT, halftrack and WLF safely though, so we'll deal with those issues tomorrow.

Not to mention the HUGE fire at work (Selhurst TMD) today which closed the fuel point, then the yard, then Norwood Jct station, then the mainline from London Bridge. Flames were 30ft high and a few explosions, probably propane bottles. It was in an empty yard next to the depot which had been fly tipped in. Friday the 13th you say......

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
Thank .... for that,I was getting severe cramp keeping everything crossed for so long:sweat::)

Thats just your age:-D

Locks on Warsaw Pack armour aren't the same as ours - they are screw-locks. Basically you insert a special "Tee" shaped key and wind it in our out to unlock or lock the doors. We were lucky in that one door wasn't screwed in tight so by jiggling some screwdrivers about we could unscrew it and thus open the door.

Got the bruises simply because my ankles still won't give enough support to climb onto the vehicle in the recommended way so I have to pop one of the troop compartment hatches at the rear roof and climb up through one of those!!!!

Roll on a years time!! :):):)

Can you fit a Stannah to an OT? Can you post a picture of the Key? Reason being there is an intresting story told about Brixmis. when the T-64 was coming into service a Russian TV proggramme showed an over head shot of the turret with the key being used. From this a key was reverse enginnered, then a Brixmis team entered storage building on a range, opened one up and phtographed the interior.

Thanks mate!:yay: Can't wait to get an oppertunity to see the beast in the metal.

Here you go Tony - the dreaded "Tee" key - hopefully you can make out the shape:

BB_2208_1024.jpg

BB_2208_1023.jpg

This one is fabricated by Russian Military as they only have one original - and that has the spanner on the end to fit the fuel fillers and oil/coolant access plugs.... Which reminds me - thats something else I need to sort out before July 8th!!