Why don't people....

Topdog

• 2 years later...
I think there should be a new motoring offence of 'Driving like a tw@t'. It is uncontestable and requires no evidence. 3 points and £60 fixed penalty; m'lud he was driving like a tw@t. Ah yes, I know exactly what you mean - guilty.

I think this is so hilarious, could I copy it onto facebook please. I have seen most of the things on this thread when out in the Landy.

Regards,

Paul.

Must be a catch-22 senario though Lee. If someone has a finite budget for fuel for their vehicle then, at some point, the rapidly escalating fuel prices are going to mean the range of movement for that vehicle is curtailed. As we can't get discounted fuel for the MV's (now theres's an idea for Jack to pursue - a discount on fuel from a supplier... :) ) then the range will get progressively snmaller until either the vehicle can't move or can only make localised shows. It will be interesting to compare vehicle numbers, especially the heavies, at W&P over the next couple of years....

To illustrate - the firm picking up my OT can no longer give a fixed price more than 3 days ahead of the job due to the way fuel prices are changing. A couple of months ago they could give a firm price for the Plains trip weeks, if not months, in advance!!

Neil,

Is it not possible to pay the fuel element of the transport to Beltring now to your transport company and them hold in stock your fuel in their bulk tank until July ? then just pay the ballance at the time which will cover things that are more stable such as vehicle depreciation, drivers wages and proffit on the job. Im going to try the same thing tomorrow with the company who I hire the low loader from for Beltring week. Incedentally my fuel bill for Beltring at todays prices is going to be £520 working on a round trip of 550 miles at 6.5 mpg. + £100 per weekday for the low loader hire.

John

I know its infuriating but all you heavy vehicle drivers know that you have a responsibility greater when driving a big vehicle, the law and the government hold you responsible for being a better driver, hence the CPC and the new rules regarding heavy vehicles...hence the tests and associated lessons to pass those tests will tell you.

We as heavy vehicle drivers have to be the responsible party, even if we are i n the right we have to save lives by not proving we are right...and making sure we dont become part of an accident...

They are still tw@ts and always will be but the law is heavily laden against us, get it get it heavily laden...

I know its infuriating but all you heavy vehicle drivers know that you have a responsibility greater when driving a big vehicle, the law and the government hold you responsible for being a better driver, hence the CPC and the new rules regarding heavy vehicles...hence the tests and associated lessons to pass those tests will tell you.

We as heavy vehicle drivers have to be the responsible party, even if we are i n the right we have to save lives by not proving we are right...and making sure we dont become part of an accident...

They are still tw@ts and always will be but the law is heavily laden against us, get it get it heavily laden...

So the Goverment recommend that car drivers stop for a breack every 2 hours. L G. V. every 4 hours, stage fiare buses under Domestic rules FIVE and HALF HOURS!!! You work it out. C.P.C. don't even go there! Well I do. Its no use to anyone, but I've gone there, oddles of money pass hands and I get it. You cannot fail!

Edited by Tony B

So the Goverment recommend that car drivers stop for a breack every 2 hours. L G. V. every 4 hours, stage fiare buses under Domestic rules FIVE and HALF HOURS!!! You work it out. C.P.C. don't even go there! Well I do. Its no use to anyone, but I've gone there, oddles of money pass hands and I get it. You cannot fail!

ooh there is a truth in their Tony but its what the 'authorities' whoever they may be, try to instil in LGV drivers...we are the professionals and we should drive like one...should add that we have to stop for 45minutes after 4.5 hours, a car driver does as he pleases and it it only a recommendation not a law...we can go to jail for Driver hour errors...ludicrous...

we cannot drive like a car driver without a care in the world...you know this, the CPC is stupid but it is training and from training comes much good, it will change the attitudes of people and drivers...

now, again, do I use the working hours directive rules or the drivers work hours directive...bloody confusing foolish and yes your right all about someone making money and keeping others in a job..some who should be elsewhere...

Edited by paulob1