Landrover Gallery.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

Is that a Northern Ireland one? One of your Pigs was a Northern Ireland one.. The one you sold on... Was it not? (awaits slap on back of head)

Yes Paul the only survivor of the first batch of ten Shorlands, the others were cut up. This one is serial no.9.

Both pigs were ex-NI. The one I sold was repurchased for NI in 1972, but the other one went there in 1958

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I finished painting the thing. But I've missed a bit! That of course will be the focus of attention for anyone viewing inside. Bit like when I make the effort to do the domestic shopping you are only remembered for what you didn't buy!

DSCF0955.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here is my old Series 3 that I sold a few years ago (very reluctantly). She spent 10 years in a garage and I never started it for over 5 years. Flushed the fuel out and added fresh, put a set of jump leads on and she fired after about 20 secs of turning over. Also my current RAF Defender FFR.

Mobile Phone Pictures 162.JPG

Mobile Phone Pictures 164.JPG

Mobile Phone Pictures 160.JPG

DSC00122.jpg

DSC00123.jpg

DSC00127.JPG

DSC00495.JPG

Love that Defender, nice condition.

Thanks. I re-built the axles a few years ago and replaced everything, including brake calipers, all parts from a Land Rover main dealer. Cost me loads (calipers were £350 each alone) but it should keep her going a good few years.

The condition you see is how it came out, I haven't touched the cosmetics. It needs a re spray and a bit of work doing to it now though. I fancy doing a rebuild on the old girl, but will need a workshop for that. Still, no rust and it's 22 years old..

Not bad for a 22 year old, hoping to buy my first Ex Mil Defender when I get posted back to UK or Germany, keeping an eye on the Classifieds lol.

A mate of mine is in Germany, a Staffy in charge of Attack and EOD dog training. He has just bought a Defender 90 from Withams and is shipping it to Germany.

Withams did have a Helicopter support Defender for sale there that was £5,500+vat, but it's the best condition landy I've ever seen released, it looked virtually brand new.

Here are some pictures of some very interesting Landys they (Withams) have just taken delivery of. They were called Land Rover Griffen or something like that. These are a total one off, look at the reg numbers. The green one is awesome, I'd love to have one of these, but I bet the price is too high.

DSC00547.JPG

DSC00548.JPG

DSC00549.JPG

DSC00550.JPG

DSC00551.JPG

DSC00552.JPG

DSC00553.JPG

DSC00554.JPG

DSC00555.JPG

DSC00556.JPG

Weird looking, I wonder if they are Signals vehicles. They all look like civi pattern Land rovers with wolf wheels/tyres. Bet they're pricey. Eufor, they've obviously just come from Kosovo, nice.

Correct. They are a one off. Didn't think we had any more forces out in Kosovo?

Correct. They are a one off. Didn't think we had any more forces out in Kosovo?

We don't (maybe a few stragglers left in the advisory role) thats probably why these are up for sale. I used to be attached to the Signals and they had a similar SatCom set up, these definately look like more up to date SatCom equipment obviously all the important stuff will have been taken out. I could be wrong though.:???

We don't (maybe a few stragglers left in the advisory role) thats probably why these are up for sale. I used to be attached to the Signals and they had a similar SatCom set up, these definately look like more up to date SatCom equipment obviously all the important stuff will have been taken out. I could be wrong though.:???

Yeah, look at the picture of the inside, not much left. Notice the exhaust coming out of the hard top for the inboard genny. I didn't have a good look to see if it's still fitted. They even had the vehicle docs in them. The SatCom is BAE Systems. Top quality stuff. Wonder if it was used for UK-Kosovo TV transmission up link? I might make another trip up in a few weeks. I will take some more pictures of what they have for you if you want?

• 2 weeks later...
Weird looking, I wonder if they are Signals vehicles. They all look like civi pattern Land rovers with wolf wheels/tyres. Bet they're pricey. Eufor, they've obviously just come from Kosovo, nice.

I saw those exact vehicles in Banja Luka about 2004. There was a Signals det with these Bae stickered vehicles outside their Corimec Offices.

• 2 months later...

OK here is a couple of pics of my old army land rovers.

CCI10082009_00023.jpg

me having a quick brew before heading into the fibua.

CCI10082009_00022.jpg

me again when on of the troop tryed to sneack up on me.

CCI10082009_00027.jpg

Some fo the troop having a quick chinese parlment as to what to do next.

CCI10082009_00026.jpg

parked up at a xroads waiting for orders.

1sttroopold.jpg

1st troop "c" sqn cheshire yeomanry (My troop See how good your eye sight is i am the odd one out why?) Trainig with tes kit