Scammell Pioneer Gallery

This video should really be titled "how to wreck a cricket pitch"

I didn't film it but its my little baby doing all the hard work

Scammell saves the day again ! Easy to see why so many shows have been cancelled recently ! Well done :D ! I imagine its a bit of a worry when you have all those people milling around though ! :nut:

well...seeing those bloke run the winch cable out has got me thinking i need to free mine off a tad......have to pull mine out with the landy......but then being an explorer with 6 wheel drive and all..........:cool2:

nah mate my singing is much worse!!!

I know what you mean about the commentary........still I suppose everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

What it doesn't show though, is that after the second phase of winching, the show officials decided to un-couple the bus and let it drive round the next corner............and get stuck all over again.

• 3 weeks later...

My new toys finally arrived end of last week:

1944 Pioneer SV2S

SV2S.jpg

SV2Sb.jpg

1938 Pioneer R100

small.jpg

R100.jpg

They are stored with Jerry's tank transporter so we have all 3 main types used by the military in one place. Don't think I've ever seen that before!:) The gun tractor runs and drives but needs a fair amount of work. The recovery doesn't run and needs lots of work. I have wanted a gun tractor ever since I was little kid and it's taken a lot to find one. Now I can't stop grinning.

A massive thank you to my other half Hazel for arranging the purchase of them and encouraging me to get them. Also to Matt for helping to unload them and acting as power steering! Also a big thanks to Jerry for finding storage for them and the farmer for a lot of help unloading.

Ed

Will do. Nothing will really get done on them for a few months yet. The Unipower needs finishing and a couple of shows to take it out to. These two pioneers are 2 of the 3 at the start of this thread. Sadly we think the third one was broken for spares. A real shame as it was an earlier one and it would have been better to break the recovery.

Plan is to do the gun tractor first. Parts on the shopping list so far are - rear hoop for body, overhead gantry and chain hoist, correct radiator with Scammell cast in and lots more bits! Also some idea as to what the back should look like!

Cheers

Ed

Edd

I can put you in touch with a guy from somerset with a very original R100, we did the same for another chap on here.

The body on his is original so measurements and pictures might prove useful

Regards

Hi SV2S,

That would be very helpful if you wouldn't mind. Popped down to have another look at them today and found that both of them have rebuild plates on the chassis. Also the recovery is 1945 rather than 1944. Now need to find the discussion on here about late ones and the differences.

Cheers

Ed

Edd

My brother will be delivering an air filter to the chapter with the TRMU next week, apologies I don't recall his name

Stay in touch, we are doing a ground up on an SV2S so plenty of duplication of requirements to save $

Cheers