Antar Gallery

John Atlees Antar has been seen as both a ballast tractor and a fifth wheel. I understood it was originally 5th Wheel, but this seems wrong. In the above shot she sports the correct winch rollers for the Ballast tractor version, And now it is fifth wheeled, these have had to be removed, and obviously the fifth wheel type winch rollers aren't available, so it now runs with winch rollers.

John Atlees Antar has been seen as both a ballast tractor and a fifth wheel. I understood it was originally 5th Wheel, but this seems wrong. In the above shot she sports the correct winch rollers for the Ballast tractor version, And now it is fifth wheeled, these have had to be removed, and obviously the fifth wheel type winch rollers aren't available, so it now runs with winch rollers.

It certainly looks much better as a ballast tractor. Well, I think it does.

DSC00241.jpg

thornycroft_antar1.jpg

Edited by 6 X 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The guy has maybe 50 photo's but thats all I have got out of him so far, He has Saracens, RL's, Martians, many more Antars, K9's I can'r remeber them all.

I just turned a steel spigot from a woodturning lathe toolrest, down in size so he can use it on a different lathe, so now he owes me one, but don't hold your breath, he ain't easy to persuade...