From Down under again but new

Just to put me back were to I was before the crash Paul Sudul is now Shakey985 from Sugarloaf Creek 10 miles from Pucka, Australia. As I indicated before I work at the RAAC Tank Museum at Pucka. I am an ex service man with 21 years experience within Armoured Corp mainly M113 fleet but trucks as well.

I have posted some photos One from the past one with me in the crews hole at Corowa 2008, one of the Vickers medium I am restoring and one from the change over to our new tank. If you want more photos yell out.

If the fella that posted the links to "Corowa swim in" can do it again I would appreciate it.

I drove our Linxs Today around the block a couple of times.

th_M113001copy.jpg

th_NewTankPhotos009.jpg

Nice to see you back mate. The world wide coverage makes this site useful and intresting. Do you know if there a cat in H*** chance of getting a Perentie? I've got an Isuzu engine in my Range rover and it is fantastic, I'd love to do the same conversion on a Landy if I can't get the real thing.

Back in '92, I had the good fortune to go on a "special detachment" to a RAEME workshop in NSW..........long story. We were to have the use of a Perentie 6x6 for the duration, but first had to take an Australian Army driving test in it. Good day out cruising around Sydney. Although I did not drive it very much, as we had our own Land Rover which we took out, it was an excellent truck and the cab is so different, much better driving position. A turbo Isuzu 3.8 diesel, is the way to go, as Tony says.

Here is a photo of it in the bush, that guy in the funny hat was one of our team. We were on our way to Alice Springs there.

perentie.jpg

Here is a photo of it in the bush, that guy in the funny hat was one of our team. We were on our way to Alice Springs there.

Richard,

It's not that hard to tell the bloke in the pic is a colonial explorer - whatever happened to the baggy shorts they used to wear ?

Jack

Richard,

It's not that hard to tell the bloke in the pic is a colonial explorer - whatever happened to the baggy shorts they used to wear ?

Jack,

You would not want to see his knees, least, thats what he told us. Truth be known he was afraid of snakes and spiders running up his legs :-D, hence the trousers.

Jack,

You would not want to see his knees, least, thats what he told us. Truth be known he was afraid of snakes and spiders running up his legs :-D, hence the trousers.

:sweat:Can certainly understand those reasons, .........:shake: