where do you keep yours....?

Jack

So, where does everyone keep there MV?

Mine used to be in my drive but now that I have moved house it is now kept in a barn about a couple of miles from me which is wonderful as it is now in the dry.

Also, does everyone pay to have their in storage?

Cheers.

Jack.

PS now off to pull some more bits off the GMC 8)

This is where I keep mine:

Shorland: back garden.

SWB Landy: Carcoon.

Pink panther rep: storage(an old converted chicken shed).

Morris Traveler: storage(an old converted chicken shed).

Bike and side car(in bits): garden shed.

Polsten Quad: Still at the dealer's.

The storage costs me £25 a month for as many vehicles as I want to put in there theres still space for 5 more, has power to it, so once the Shorland is finished that'll go in along with the SWB Landy and the sidecar combo and the Polsten Quad.

Tyler.

Hello,

We're lucky that we have plenty of space so we built this,

tractorshed08.jpg

Mind you, only working on it when we have spare time or cash (the two never go hand in hand do they?) it's taken two years to get it to how it is now,

CRTrailerjpg.jpg

It's nearly finished, just concrete the floor, add a pit, install a monster power supply, get all the lastest tools, have a proper road way to it,... about another 5years should have it done! :wink:

Regards

Richard.

Of course this thread could be a "cunning plan" to find out where our pride and joys are hiden!! :lol: :wink: :lol:

Hi Paul, I take it you have power at the caravan park, if so I have an exellant device that I use to cover the SWB Landy, its called a Carcoon, its basically an inflatable cover/garage, heres some pics of one:

carcoonoutside14mk.th.jpg

volvocarcoon2tg.th.jpg

you can have them made to any size you want, they will remove any moisture from the car if its wet etc, UV resistant, compleatly maintinance free.

What it does is 2 small fans run off a car battery and the mains power tops the battery up, so 1 fan expells the air from the carcoon and 1 pumps air in, so the power usage is hardly noticable.

I dont have anything to do with the company, but I have had one for about 5 years, its an outdoor one,and it works excellantly mine was about £340, heres their site.

http://www.carcoon.co.uk

Tyler.

I have use of a rented barn to work in and keep tools/spares and the cluter that comes with such a hobby. Its big enough to get a couple of motors in work on in comfort, We have the luxury of a 4 post ramp to work on the smaller stuff. The Unimog just fits on it. :D

I share the rent on a yard space outside to keep everything in. We are running out of space and had a quick count up between us yesterday.

Mine,

2x Series 3 ex-mil 109s

8x5 trailer

404 unimog

Shared between us,

88inch hybrid landrover

88inch series 2 (rotten chassis)

Mk 1 Stolly

Grumpys,

109 ex-mil Series 3

110 waiting to be repaired

Mk2 Stolly

404 Unimog (radiobody)

2 Ginnetas

Volvo lorry and a beaver tail body waiting to go on it.

Aston Martain (not be seen for 2 years in its own shed)

And thats only the whole vehicals with wheels on the ground!

:shock:

My 109 carawagon in bits lives in the back of the volvo.

A mjor tidy up has started.

110, 101 and Sankey - home (Worcestershire)

Militant, 10t trailer, Bv202, car transporter trailer - friend's yard (Shropshire)

Land Rover ambulance and BV202 projects - friend's farm (Gwent)

Various other Land Rover and Matador projects and parts and the remains of another Bv202 - friend's farm (Herefordshire)

Land Rover parts - friend's farm (Monmouthshire)

Finding storage space for the bigger stuff is always a problem.

Being a truck mechanic with my own breakdown truck helps.

All the people who's land I have got my stuff parked on own either historic or modern working trucks. They don't mind putting up with having my scrap abandoned in their yards so much if when I call round they can say "We've got a bit of a problem with the lights on the trailer. I wonder if you could have a look at it while you're here..."

• 2 weeks later...

As and when I eventually get my Stolly it will have to be stored on the same farm site we store our caravan on. No power there, only a water tap so any maintenance is going to mean bringing it home......

Should make me popular wth the neighbours - esp. when/if the infamous Stolly backfire occures.. :twisted: