Hello

croc

Steve Adamson ere,

Adam Elsdon got me to join the forum, so blame him, I can also see a couple of names I recognise from the GDSF forum.

I have been into Austin Gipsys for many years, and do a few of the military shows up here in Scotland. Whilst not really a military vehicle I have a few ex home office Gipsys so I recon they are as military as a Bedford Green Goddess!

width=640 height=480http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/1391/img0254ey9.jpg[/img]

I have also wanted a Scammell Explorer for years, finally managed to get one a couple of months ago.

img0753el5.jpg

Hi Steve,

That's a great project you have there in the Scammell - bet she's done her fair share of winching in her time, given the roads around that part. Looks like the sea air has given it a decent tan and more than a few wrinkles!

And is that a Leyland 680 under the bonnet? Better keep quiet about that - a good job you have the Gipsy (assuming its petrol), or you would be banned from a large part of the Clubhouse :whistle:

Enjoy the forum - its a great college of knowledge.

Hi Steve,

That's a great project you have there in the Scammell - bet she's done her fair share of winching in her time, given the roads around that part. Looks like the sea air has given it a decent tan and more than a few wrinkles!

And is that a Leyland 680 under the bonnet? Better keep quiet about that - a good job you have the Gipsy (assuming its petrol), or you would be banned from a large part of the Clubhouse :whistle:

It is indeed a LEYLAND 0680 POWER PLUS why keep quiet about it :-D can't be doing with petrol economy and whilst it is off the road it can run on the red stuff!

That gipsy is petrol but the one I run as a daily motor is a 2.5 BMC which is the logical upgrade from the 2.2 BMC original engine.

Hi Steve,

You definitely dont keep quiet about a 680 under the bonnet, everyone in the neighbourhood knows it's running!

It also starts better than a petrol, after been stood 12 years, steve's said Scammell started on the first revolution, with it's 12 year old diesel, not a fluke either, as it is still running a treat!!

• 2 weeks later...

If you want one I can let you know if any come up, I have got enough now....

width=640 height=480http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/6822/img0246qn5.jpg[/img]

Welcome to the Forum croc . :wave: Great to see your fleet & in a beautiful part of the world too .

Pity about the Gypsy camp tho..........

OK OK sorry....been a long week & I couldn't resist . :naughty:

:died: Going now

I should have paid more attention to the rule which says not to post something which you think may be liable to offend others shouldn't I . :-D

Let's not fall out Tony- we have a few things in common you know - I have long hankered for a WC ambulance , I have spent many years in the company of our four legged friends & I too have a fondness for these little Austins . I only ever mock those I am fondest of . :wave: