Restoration 4 - Matchless G3 Panel Tank

flyingfleasteve

Hi Both. This is fantastic, it gives me a starting point.....I shall fettle away. Ron once I have experimented I shall let you know which length/s work best.

Currently I am just piecing all of the bottom end engine components together to get ready to send them off for rebuilt....

I am slowly plodding on, the battery carrier is looking much more acceptable, not perfect but authentic I think is the word🙂

I am confident the battery will not drop out of it now anyway.

D5B29D5C-D735-4554-B9D7-87ABA458FDFA.jpeg

• Like 1

The bottom end has now been sent away for rebuilt so I have now started on the resto of the last few components.......the chain guard is in a sorry state so lots of repair needed.....the horn was not working, so I have fully stripped it also for rebuild. It looks as if it been sat in water for some time 🙈

Can I ask, how does the lower chain guard fix to the frame?

9C5FE791-C10D-4E55-A399-BF85174F1C34.jpeg

B5AD3C95-3076-4884-9CF3-27305095120E.jpeg

215E78B9-599E-47D9-906F-8E3824AF36EF.jpeg

B1358E2B-DFD0-44BB-A9CB-CB91457A636E.jpeg

MT 210 is not impossible, you've got to be lucky or rich! or both. there's no substitute really, (all the indian/Chinese copies are totally different) have been working on repro's and there is a couple underway, but progress slow, not my top priority, and am waiting for anothet guy to do his bit.

Anyway, some pictures so you know what to look for.

Lex

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

21 minutes ago, welbike said:

MT 210 is not impossible, you've got to be lucky or rich! or both. there's no substitute really, (all the indian/Chinese copies are totally different) have been working on repro's and there is a couple underway, but progress slow, not my top priority, and am waiting for anothet guy to do his bit.

Anyway, some pictures so you know what to look for.

Lex

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

This is my mt210 lex 😉😉

• Like 1

My saddle bungie kit from Czech Republic arrived today via Steve. I shortened them enough to give a firm springiness and formed the the hooks to the bare ends. My nose bracket has suffered some abuse by a previous owner, so had to make the best of that. But I'm pleased with the result, especially as I didn't need to remove the saddle from the bike.  Ron👍

DSCF3470.JPG

Edited by Ron
  • Like 1

Thanks gents for all the advice on the rear tail lamp...I shall hang on for the correct MT210........I am sure one will come along. I have plenty of other job and parts to keep me busy in the meantime 🙂

You beat me to it Ron, good job on the seat bungees, looks good! 

Before I get stuck into mine I have finally got the horn working and prepped for painting, including the troublesome chain guard which is now much more serviceable.... 

1943905C-EFE6-4176-A704-CADECE57C197.jpeg

A46ECD1B-D024-4828-A82C-3FCCBC84AABB.jpeg

• Like 1

I don't think I've seen a specific diagram for the panel tank Steve. But you just have to follow the same diagram for a bike with a three position switch.....It's just that the instruments are in the tank and not the headlamp. The only addition is a live and earth for the wandering lead lamp. 

As a tip, I put snap connectors in all these leads and colour coded them....Makes life a bit easier if you have to take the tank off.  Ron