Restoration 4 - Matchless G3 Panel Tank

flyingfleasteve

Oil tank on and newly renovated battery carrier fitted....slowly starting to look like a bike with the 8” headlamp.

I am having a little trouble finding a 1” throttle barrel compatible with my twist grip, I have tried three which I have as spares but all appears a little chunky.....a long shot but has anyone got a picture of the correct throttle/barrel components?

08F0113F-2E6D-4319-861E-5FC6A8794B26.jpeg

56527CC6-3B7D-40DA-BC61-A97C0D7E005E.jpeg

B1DA4CCB-96BA-4B0E-BC20-26D9E69FBF39.jpeg

FA404A5F-3D0C-4FD6-82A7-84E4E455C3C1.jpeg

• Like 2

On 1/15/2021 at 2:11 PM, Ron said:

My original headlamp has a hole about 3/8" diam in the center about 2 1/2" up from the edge of the bowl. Those early blackouts where simply cut from black manila card (available from Hobbycraft or online I guess) a half circle hole in the middle and placed behind the glass. The Lucas logo medallion is available from "Vintage Supplies" 

The factory picture has a switch panel so is different.  Ron

DSCF3446.JPG

DSCF3450.JPG

G3 014.jpg

Hi Ron. May I ask please, what is the approximate dimension from the centre of the King of the road medallion to the front of the headlamp rim? I have now got mine to fit but I need to drill the headlamp bowl......😬