Restoration 3 - 1943 James ML

flyingfleasteve

Hesitate to pose this again. But as I near the completion of one ML and start on the next (yes, really) I am still confused by the routing of the cable to the rear light. Ron's clips (see the other thread) is by far the neatest and most sensible (which I've used) but I keep seeing them with holes in the rear mudguard to route the cable through. Is this a later adaptation or were there some of both kinds? I seem to have been out of the loop for a long time as I was wooed away by a 1961 AJS.

Clip taillamp cable to mudguard 4 pieces, Pt No. BML41 illustration No. 27, exactly the same as BSA and Nortons, can be bought repro from Draganflies (stainless, and no lettering) and original from John O Brien. They came in black and  cad plated. the other things to hold the wiring to the frame was a brass long clip, 2 used.

Cheers,

Lex

2015-12-11 12.41.21.jpg

Rear chain for the ML is the same measurements as the WD/RE Flea but a different length..........try Hitchcock's or Villiers Services.......they should be able to supply a suitable length of chain with joining/cranked half-links as necessary.............

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All! I hope you are all well!

I have been rather hectic the last few weeks but things are now starting to move again with my project! The rear wheel is now back and re-painted, both brake rods are now made, threaded and painted and the restoration of the original ginal seat cover is now under way.......  nearly there!

8C20A70D-621E-4D32-9ACF-2D586A20519C.jpeg

B5F9C5EC-66C3-4E23-B843-B0FDE6BEC90A.jpeg

20525525-BE81-45F4-98BC-141903241E84.jpeg

79108B0A-3AAF-439A-8A71-2B4F33F968DF.jpeg

DED8A5D3-A672-4820-A67E-73D1490BF5DC.jpeg