TTM's WLF rear bogie work

TooTallMike

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All done and happy. We finished putting the wheels on last night and did an 80 mile test-drive today :-D (see thread on Frostbite Run). Vibrations have significantly reduced, it's quieter and the ride is smoother. Unfortunately I can now hear a small squeak from behind the cab which was probably masked before :roll:. There is also a grinding from the front end which I think is a misaligned Rzeppa joint. I need to re-tighten all of the bogie bolts and give it a coat of paint, but otherwise it's on to CVRTs when I get back from my final week in Italy.

Some photos:

Don't talk silly man. We can get your bogie installed in no time. We have something the US army didn't- a portapower. Makes lining the torque rods up easy. Its not as bad a job as it seems, in fact probably easier than removing it. You just need the WLF superheroes Tallman and Shortboy to pay to a visit. :-)

Mike / Vince.

Looks good :tup: and I can only dream on at this time - Can't see mine being completed for a while.

Markheliops

Cheer up old bean - it took us about 2 hours from rolling it under to having it completely bolted-up (sans wheels of course!). Now we know what we're doing it'll be even quicker on yours. You get the bogie ready with Shorty and we'll convene once I'm back to re-fit it. Piece of pee. :tup: