Munga talk...

Snapper

Dear all Muga Fans,

On Wednesday 17th November CH4 is showing a 1981 WWII thriller “Eye of the Needle” at 12:50 staring Donald Sutherland.

In the film you will see a heavily modified Munga – obviously way out of time context.

Its quite a good film and worth a look despite the historical inaccuracy.

Will

Just to let you know -- I 'm the mug who bought the Munga 8 on e bay!

It's not a pretty sight and despite the guys enthusiasm for the marque it's long way a way from running on it's own steam and has quite extensive rot. I was hoping for a quick fix project, but fear this anything but unless someone has a lot of body parts in reasonable condition -- lots of information required please!

I'll need a set of coils and an exhaust to get it running, and the screen frame and bonnet are beyond repair -- that's just for starters

Other than that, the floor and seat base don't look beyond patching, but then we've only had a quick poke about as yet and could do with making a few freinds in Munga land

Well done!!! – I have just sent you a message on ebay!......

I have 2 Munga 8 and they are both in similar condition, I am rebuilding one and have had to replace both front wings and part of the upper fender, approximately ¼ of the area around the instrument cluster all of the floor pan, forward and rearward of the seat box, fit a new seat box, both left and right sills, a new rear floor pan in the load area, most of the rear cross member, and forward rear cross member, and rear tail gate, just leaving the 2 rear wings to sort out, then rebuild it – hope to get most of it done this winter that will 8 years start to finish!?

There are now quite a few panels on Ebay, they come and go so you need to keep your eye out, and if you want it don’t muck about.

Most of the mechanical parts are available from Kemper parts, or from a guy called Richard Nixon from Ipswich.

They are great little vehicles but nothing like working on say a Jeep where you can get most of the parts off the shelf.

If you want to take a look at mine you are most welcome.

Dear all Muga Fans,

On Wednesday 17th November CH4 is showing a 1981 WWII thriller “Eye of the Needle” at 12:50 staring Donald Sutherland.

In the film you will see a heavily modified Munga – obviously way out of time context.

Its quite a good film and worth a look despite the historical inaccuracy.

Will

cheers mate , was on the other week up here.......

Just to let you know -- I 'm the mug who bought the Munga 8 on e bay!

It's not a pretty sight and despite the guys enthusiasm for the marque it's long way a way from running on it's own steam and has quite extensive rot. I was hoping for a quick fix project, but fear this anything but unless someone has a lot of body parts in reasonable condition -- lots of information required please!

I'll need a set of coils and an exhaust to get it running, and the screen frame and bonnet are beyond repair -- that's just for starters

Other than that, the floor and seat base don't look beyond patching, but then we've only had a quick poke about as yet and could do with making a few freinds in Munga land

hi scott welcome to munga land, we are using kemper too , highly recommend them .german e bay is good too( use google translate if you cant speak german , i do , its easy)....cant help you body wise as we were bloody lucky !! mainly mechanical bits we are buying regards Mark

Thanks to Willyslancs, Munga8 and Richard for quick response -- I'll be in touch with some pictures in the next few weeks when I've made a plan of attack -- it's a bit like "where do I start" at the moment.

just take your time mate and start at one end lol(thats what we are doing , and we are not mechanics!!) ......:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Been down to parents for a brew today ,

took the engine out and put it on the work bench so dad can have something to do next week . (should we be able to turn the clutch end by hand ? dont forget not mechanics here so answers appreciated) ..also , where does the other end of the spring in the picture bolt to?(dads looked at drews and his is loose too)...cheers guys for any answers .......:tup::

100_2683.jpg

100_2684.jpg

100_2687.jpg

100_2690.jpg

100_2689.jpg

100_2688.jpg

Edited by Willyslancs

Been down to parents for a brew today ,

took the engine out and put it on the work bench so dad can have something to do next week . (should we be able to turn the clutch end by hand ? dont forget not mechanics here so answers appreciated) ..also , where does the other end of the spring in the picture bolt to?(dads looked at drews and his is loose too)...cheers guys for any answers .......:tup::

Engines (even small ones) are often hard to turn after standing for a while - not necessarily seized, just stuck! Generally a bit of leverage will get them turning.

The end of the clutch lever return spring on my Munga is under the nut on the clutch housing stud below and a bit forward of it - I took a picture, if I can persuade it to post!

John

Clutch lever.jpg

whilst my girls were making mince pies today at my parents , dad and i took the gear box out of the munga chassis (thought better get him out from under foot!)This will give him something else to do next week , (snow outside didnt help so thats all we did in the garage today ). ..

100_2708.jpg

100_2709.jpg

100_2710.jpg