Munga talk...

Snapper

Good luck with the MOT, I am sure you will not have a problem.

No problem, IT PASSED:D

My local man is very understanding about old vehicles - my neighbour and I take all our old Landrovers there. He sat in the passenger seat with his Tapley meter while I drove the Munga!

The only thing I'm glad he didn't notice was the steering-rack gaiter, I have put a new one on , but no way could I get the inner end to stay on the housing. Fortunately, it's one of the least visible areas. Any ideas on how to fit it? (It's a new one from Kemper - I think it may be a litttle too snug)

I did have a panic yesterday evening, when I was afflicted with the proverbial "box full of neutrals"! I worked out that the high/low cable was sticking, and with a bit of pressure lubrication managed to engage high box - phew:yay:

At least it's legal for the local Vintage Show on Sunday.

John

John

Very good news. The air of Wales will now be full of two stroke oil fumes, and not a moment too soon. The gaiters from kempers are causing lots of problems in Germany. I will see if I can find the correct size ones, as I may need one myself in the near future. The high/low control on the top of the gearbox can get stuck, and a mod was carried out to help with this. I will pull out the info and get it to you.

It's funny to watch some testers when you turn up with a MUNGA, the face is a picture. Less so in older olds, but the young ones get a bit concerned that it can't go on the rolling road, and the amount of smoke. The lights and rear turn lights really do make them shake their heads!

Well all you need to do now, is enjoy getting out and about with the roof down.

Hi Andrew, did you manage to find the info on high/low cable adjustment or mods?

Also, are there any spare wiper motors and arms about? Could do with something for the RH side - it rains a lot in Wales:cry:

John

Hi Andrew, did you manage to find the info on high/low cable adjustment or mods?

Also, are there any spare wiper motors and arms about? Could do with something for the RH side - it rains a lot in Wales:cry:

John

John

Sorry I did mean to put the pages in the post to you, but forgot! Arms are standard Bosch, I will find the part number for you, just needs a small mod. Wiper motors are the same as on most post war German vehicles, I will see if I have a spare. How can you say it rains in Wales, I have heard the local councils are buying in plant to move all the dead camels off the roads due to lack of water!

John

Sorry I did mean to put the pages in the post to you, but forgot! Arms are standard Bosch, I will find the part number for you, just needs a small mod. Wiper motors are the same as on most post war German vehicles, I will see if I have a spare. How can you say it rains in Wales, I have heard the local councils are buying in plant to move all the dead camels off the roads due to lack of water!

That would be handy, Andrew.

Well, yes, OK, the average rainfall has been down a bit since the snow, but the Elan Valley reservoirs are just round the corner from here, and I haven't noticed any thirsty camels, let alone dead ones:-D. Just the odd sheep that's keeled over, but they do that anyway.

John

John

Due to falling down stairs (no I had not had too many NAFFI buns!", I can't get to my MUNGA info/spares. With luck, I will be mobile enough next week to get to bits for you.

The new canvas arrived yesterday, and it looks really good. The chap's made a superb job of it, if anything beter that the original ones! Just hope to try it on my MUNGA, as soon as I can get to it.

Sorry to hear of your misfortunes, Andrew - perhaps it was that little splash of "something warming" in the coffee?:nut:

Absolutely no rush for the info or the bits, I've still got too many things to do without trying to fine-tune the Munga - and I'm supposed to be retired!

The canvas sounds interesting, mine is fine around the edges but has two rotted patches on top where water has pooled, also needs a replacement back window. Can't seem to get anyone interested in repairing it, but will persevere for a while before replacing the whole shebang (unless it's very cheap, of course!)

Take it easy anyway,

John

If Richard from Taunton is on here make yourself known mate .It was my cousin who was talking to you in Taunton .She recognised the munga because of the tow hook!(She brought one up for me from Andrew roberts all the way to Blackpool )she was coming up here anyway !!.......

• 2 weeks later...