Munga talk...

Snapper

Hi guys , not much been done in the garage at the mo , due to sis been in hospital .Been round to see her tonight and had this list thrust in my hand off my dad.( i have written it here just how he has written it , if you can workout what somethings are that he has written brill!!.He is in hospital next week so no rush really .

Wants List .

Dashboard data plates,

Dashboard panel,

Windscreen motor rubbers,

Filter cup(plastic),

Oil cap-Dip stick,

Ignition switch,

Push switch,

Indicator switch,

Flywheel (the item with the teeth on),

2 wheel hubs,

Spare wheel disc -3 handles,

Windscreen air vent and arm,

Windscreen fixing bolts(wing -nut type),

Inner grill,

Steel strap for gerry can,

Gear knob,

Petrol stop tap,

Petrol pump,

Speedo cable,

Clutch cable Hope this makes sense guys (dont forget not mechanics here ) if anyone has anything and its not a silly price please let me know . thanks guys in advance :thanx:

anything, anyone ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Getting my Munga ready for its MoT - Lights and brakes all seem OK, still can't get both ends of the steering-rack boot on, even with the plates off behind the engine. Fitted wiper motor on passenger side, need to find a suitable arm. Had a leaky petrol pipe pump-to-carb, replaced the braided (old) one with new.

Still need to find some underneath skid-plates, plus now have 3 left-hand lower engine side plates - one original plus 2 from Kemper - they sent a left instead of a right, when I mentioned it they sent another left! The pictures on their website are the wrong way round, and they don't seem to have a real-life Munga to compare them with!

Ah well, not essential for driving on the road, only to keep mud out of the engine while off-roading.

John

Yippee!!:-D It passed its MoT, no worries!

Went for a trip round the Elan Valley Reservoirs last night, about 18 miles, cleared the old oil out nicely - lots of smoke for the first few miles.

This morning, it decided to rain - no doors and a leaky tilt:cry:

Never mind, didn't get too wet - must have a go at repairing the tilt myself - nobody I've asked seems to want the job, and I do have an industrial sewing machine and an old LandRover tilt as a donor for patches.

The high/low selection seems to be functioning correctly now, lubricating the cable has made a difference, which is a relief.

Happy days:cheesy:

John