Munga talk...

Snapper

Been dragged into the garage tonight whilst picking the kids up from parents .(ok not really )

Driver side rear hub ,shaft etc is off and looking cool in red primer ,breather for diff,one of the rubber boots has been replaced and its all taking shape .

As we are not mechanics can i ask , should the rear shockers move in and out without much force? (is it the rear or front ones that are VW camper?).cheers guys .......

Edited by Willyslancs

Been dragged into the garage tonight whilst picking the kids up from parents .(ok not really )

Driver side rear hub ,shaft etc is off and looking cool in red primer ,breather for diff,one of the rubber boots has been replaced and its all taking shape .

As we are not mechanics can i ask , should the rear shockers move in and out without much force? (is it the rear or front ones that are VW camper?).cheers guys .......

No, the shocks should move if pushed/pulled slowly, but should be hard to move if you do it quickly. Same shocks fitted to rear of type 2 camper/bus/van. The GSF pattern ones made in Mexico are about £12 each and very good.

Hi Guys

Well I am the one from South Devon that turned up to the Tavistock show that Andy mentioned. I was at the same show last year when I met Andy who is a mine of information and I think I would be lost without his help. Had a small problem but my Munga managed to do 30miles on just 2 cylinders. Managed to get all the parts from Kemper in Germany who were also a great help and there service is brilliant. Fitted the new plugs, leads and points but fighting with the timing but I think Andy has a few tips. What I do need is a photo copy of a manual if any one has one. I have emailed the German Munga owners site as I think they have a DVD with all the stuff on it but they have not emailed me back yet. As soon as they do I will let you know.

Graham

The back is coming together nicely,

new number plate lights fitted (care of german e bay, they were sealed up and dated 72. ) Aerial brackets and wiring fitted ,wiring going thru the body not under .Jerrican trial fitted , ( need a 63/64 dated one).....

On the front ,mesh fitted that will go behind the center grill.....

100_2360.jpg

100_2361.jpg

Hi - i have a parts manual that I bought on ebay, but any other handbook or workshop manual-type info would be really useful. (Especially a wiring diagram - 24v 600w)

Have done 4 wheel cylinders, honed and new seals fitted, the next one is being a pig as the piston won't come out. Have got the cylinder off the backplate, and pulling the flange off enough to extract it was fun :D, now trying warmth and red diesel - I'll get there eventually!

John

Hi - i have a parts manual that I bought on ebay, but any other handbook or workshop manual-type info would be really useful. (Especially a wiring diagram - 24v 600w)

Have done 4 wheel cylinders, honed and new seals fitted, the next one is being a pig as the piston won't come out. Have got the cylinder off the backplate, and pulling the flange off enough to extract it was fun :D, now trying warmth and red diesel - I'll get there eventually!

John

John

You can get the cylinder of without taking the driving flange off. You MUST put the drive flange back with very great care. If you PM me your address etc, I will send you some info. If you can't get the piston out, give me a shout and I will see if I have a used one which is good.

Talk about having the Munga bug.

I have just aquired an F91/6 to keep my F91/4 company.

Thanks again to Andy and looking forward to the manuals.

Graham

Munga F91/4

Munga 91/6

Haflinger

and soon a 43 CMP C30 (I hope)

Graham

You can never have enough MUNGAs. I notice you have a Haflinger, that will be good to see out ant about. Try and sort some info for you ASAP, but PC will not allow me to copy things at the moment!

Talk about having the Munga bug.

I have just aquired an F91/6 to keep my F91/4 company.

Thanks again to Andy and looking forward to the manuals.

Graham

Munga F91/4

Munga 91/6

Haflinger

and soon a 43 CMP C30 (I hope)

Hi All

The British army used the munga in Berlin .

Has anyone got any photos.

Brian

Hi Brian,

This is Berlin 1965 prior to the Parade at the Olmypic Stadium for the Queens Visit,

I'm in the front row seated first left note the Vehicles.

Dave

Queens Visit to Berlin 1965 001.jpg

Hi All,

In the photo of me seated in Berlin next to a Munga in 1965, in the original photo there are 4 Vehicles two either side.

I have now recentley purchased my own Munga 4 my problem is Fuel I know there is a Fuel Tank and a Two Stroke Tank, my problem is do I need to add a lead additive to the fuel tank or is unleaded OK.

I was told by the pearson selling me the Munga that I did not need to add the additive ?.

Can anyone HELP.

Dave.

My Munga.jpg

The MUNGA was designed to run on the preverbal weasel pee! That is one of the good things about two stoke engines.

Good luck with your new toy, hope it brings back many happy memories.

Cheers Andrew!

It certainly does although siting behind the wheel is a little tight these days is there any way to ajust the steering column / wheel the seat is as far back as it goes.

Dave

Dave

I don't know of a simple way, but I will look at mine and see if something can be done. Yes, time does seem to make thing not fit anymore! I got my lightweights out the outher day I was issued with, I can only presume that the things have shrunk horribly since I left the army!

Trouble is, I get back into things like MUNGA's early Land rovers etc, and i think I am 19 again. The body on the other hand, tells me i am not!

But do enjoy your MUNGA, and keep in touch. I will see what I can dig out in the way of info for you.

Dave

I don't know of a simple way, but I will look at mine and see if something can be done. Yes, time does seem to make thing not fit anymore! I got my lightweights out the outher day I was issued with, I can only presume that the things have shrunk horribly since I left the army!

Trouble is, I get back into things like MUNGA's early Land rovers etc, and i think I am 19 again. The body on the other hand, tells me i am not!

But do enjoy your MUNGA, and keep in touch. I will see what I can dig out in the way of info for you.

Cheers! Much appreciated,

Dave,:readpaper:

Cheers! Much appreciated,

Dave,:readpaper:

Hi Andrew,

Can I please call upon your knowledge of the Munga.

Could you please give me the Torque setting's and sequence to tighten the Cylinder Head and any other Torque setting's I might need for a Cylinder Head Gasket Change,

Dave

Edited by Sinaimears
misspelling

Hi Andrew,

While you have your thinking-hat on, I have taken the fuel tank out to clean and seal with POR15. The fuel gauge does not work, the gauge goes to FSD if I earth the wire on top of the sender, so gauge and wiring would seem to be OK. Is there anything fixable inside the ali tube on the sender? It looks as though the tube comes off when the 8BA-ish nut is removed.

Cheers, John