Cvrt front numbers

Ronsandt

Not all the AT series were one particular type of vehicle and the numbers were allocated in blocks with some numbers and blocks not used but your number is the 4919 th number in the AT series. It should also be on the rear of the vehicle and be stamped on the data plate inside. There will also be a hull number (like the chassis number on a civi vehicle) stamped into the hull but CVRTs are not my subject so can't tell you where.

David

17 hours ago, Ronsandt said:

Ok anything someone can tell me about it?

704E92E0-F941-4E39-9C99-31029DA8F057.jpeg

49 AT 19 is shown as being issued to  QOY , Queens Own Yeomanry, my dad's old TA regiment on 13/07/1995, until 27/04/1999, there were 3 squadrons, Y Squadron based in York (my dad's lot), C Squadron based in Cheshire (the late Duke of Westminster's unit), and A Squadron based in Ayr. So as your vehicle served in both the RAF and the Army, Bovington will hold the record card.

There was a QOY Sqn at Cramlington, at the time, D (NH) Sqn, I served twelve years there, we used, Fox, Sabre and Scimitar, as well as other vehicles, they are now C&S Sqn at Fenham Bks Newcastle, with R-Wmik

Edited by Bazz

Some of the other units that have held this vehicle are the vehicle depot at Ludgershall, just outside Tidworth, Hants which would have received it on its return from Cyprus. There it would have been inspected before going for major repairs or upgrade at the Army Base Repair Organisation (ABRO) workshop. Also issued (twice) to first battalion of the Welsh Guards (1WG). A few others I'm unsure of but someone can fill the gaps I'm sure.

Steve.

On 3/16/2018 at 9:59 PM, Ronsandt said:

All good info thanks. Always good to know where and when a vehical served.

Just done some googling to find out where WG may have been in 2000 and 2002. Unclear about the former, but in 2002 they deployed to Bosnia, so maybe your vehicle went with them.

Steve.

Edited by Ex-boy
Updated information