MY GOD!!!! I'VE DONE IT

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oi Mark... that wasn't your Reo to swap.. remember the race :whistle: & when's my Stalwart being delivered :dunno:... vid to follow...

Got to get the blinking thing going yet mate :schocked:

Well I am now the owner of a 1944 GMC CCKW 353 with workshop body and it aint no Reo but an earlier one, feels a lot different, a lot quieter, skinny tyres (needs bargrips), and well spongy seats (new), but I am chuffed to bits with it and it will be an experience I am sure.

So on to the FIRST question

HOW DO YOU CHANGE BLOODY GEAR WITHOUT CRUNCHING :argh:

Well I am now the owner of a 1944 GMC CCKW 353 with workshop body and it aint no Reo but an earlier one, feels a lot different, a lot quieter, skinny tyres (needs bargrips), and well spongy seats (new), but I am chuffed to bits with it and it will be an experience I am sure.

So on to the FIRST question

HOW DO YOU CHANGE BLOODY GEAR WITHOUT CRUNCHING :argh:

Nice one, Mark,..........even though it is from across the pond, :-D

regarding gear changes,(well quiet ones, anyways,) RELAX and take your time............................certainly with bedford, I find most times I needent have changed down, as it pulls from real low anyways............

(not trying to teach you to suck eggs,..............honest, :-)) but as we've all learn't slowely, its a case of relaxing, the change up is the easiest to master,

foot on clutch down out gear into neutral, clutch up, clutch down, into gear, clutch up and away you go,...............(sounds a lot more complicated than it actually is, honest :-D :-D...........) changing down is basically the same, only the throttle needs to be bliped as the gear goes in;...................here I must admit to crunching, esp no shortish runs, where I've not 'switched off from modern transport'. :whistle:

Good luck. ;-)

Andy

The term is "Double De-Clutching". Nothing more satisfying than to snick down a gear when climbing a hill, without clashing the teeth 8-)

That is so true!

Mark there is a thread here that I started asking the same question - I will have a look :) but actually it really is simple once you cracked it. I found that I wasn't giving it enough revs when "Double De-Clutching".....