HI ALL ...ferret wanted .!

hiya all you out there .... :-D

i live just north of bristol ....chipping sodbury

ive just found your site from the CMV mag

im after a ferret in good running order ( the 1 with the turret )

so that must be mark 2/4 .... :dunno:

saw a few a the war & peace show .but non for sale

.saw a lot of mud as well !!..what a difference a year makes..

so if any of you know of 1

would you mind pointing me in the right direction

thanks

anthony

Lee it is you we have to thank for on the purchase of our Ferret.You let me and my brother climb all over yours at Powder Mills a couple years back and gave some good advice on who to see at the St Clere,s golf club show.We ended up with a John Dews rebuild as can be seen in the pic above.

so that must be mark 2/4 .... :dunno:

You want what is gereically labelled a Mark 2. ISTR the Mark 2/6 carried Vigilant ATGMs on the turret: otherwise most Mark 2s were Mark 2/3 or Mark 2/4.

IIRC the Mark 2/3 was built with added armour plating whereas the extra armour plating was retrofitted to earlier Mark 2s to bring them up to Mark 2/3 spec. I don't think you (or I) could tell the difference without seeing the documentation.

There were variations of Mark 1 concerning the shape of the driver's side hatches (some square, some following the line of the glacis plate) and the size and layout of the belly plates (so that you could get hand and spanner inside the engine compartment to unto the three bolts holding the starter motor in place without a pack lift for example. I cannot say I ever noticed thr same variations applying to Mark 2s.

Again I couldn't get it right OTOH.

;o)

Mk 2/3 & Mk 1/1 are factory uparmoured vehicles, Mk 2/4 is an earlier Mk 2 with additional armour welded on after production. Quick recognition tip is to look at the 2 rear hatches. On a 2/4 they are totally flat rather than having the lip around the edge.

Chris