W&P just wasn't meant to be for me

Dougy FV432

Hello everybody,

Well I guess it has been stacked against me. Really wanted to go this year. If the school holidays didn't clash with the show I would be there now with my boy and the 432. but he didn't finish school till yesterday and as we can't spare any extra time off work to look after him, as they have so many holidays though out the year. Does anybody have the same problem???

Then yesterday the heavens open, and instead of a 432 I should have invested in a boat, at least I could have got to the house. I was all geared up to go along to W&P this weekend then somebody at work came back in from road test in the afternoon and said the main road was flooded, and I knew it didn't sound good, got home to find the water just creeping in the house. For the next 3 hours spent digging trenches to get the water away, but wasn't enough, my nice new wood flooring that I put down last week, has all got to come back up. And my friend in Tewkesbury, she couldn't get home till this morning to find over a foot inside her house. Went over there and theres nothing you can do, it all ruined downstairs, water slowly going, just got wait for the looters to wreck it now.

W&P maybe next year (if they move it a week)

Dougy

You have my sympathies mate, not only didnt you get to W&P, but youre flooded out as well. Its the clearing up to follow as well, we just moved recently and made sure we were on a hill, but the fields all around us have flooded, so it lokks like we're on an island at the mo. Still, could be worse, I could be camping down at Trowbridge like my other half is this weekend! :-D

so sorry to hear of your flooding woe's Dougy.

I was out n about on friday, which wasn't so good,............was stopped in traffic, and could watch the water rising :-o

They didn't believe me when I got back to base, (late). Am hoping they watched the evening news, and are big enough to apologise on monday.

My sympathies to you and all fellow HMVF'ers in symular situations.

Andy

Hello everybody,

Well I guess it has been stacked against me. Really wanted to go this year. If the school holidays didn't clash with the show I would be there now with my boy and the 432. but he didn't finish school till yesterday and as we can't spare any extra time off work to look after him, as they have so many holidays though out the year. Does anybody have the same problem???

Then yesterday the heavens open, and instead of a 432 I should have invested in a boat, at least I could have got to the house. I was all geared up to go along to W&P this weekend then somebody at work came back in from road test in the afternoon and said the main road was flooded, and I knew it didn't sound good, got home to find the water just creeping in the house. For the next 3 hours spent digging trenches to get the water away, but wasn't enough, my nice new wood flooring that I put down last week, has all got to come back up. And my friend in Tewkesbury, she couldn't get home till this morning to find over a foot inside her house. Went over there and theres nothing you can do, it all ruined downstairs, water slowly going, just got wait for the looters to wreck it now.

Dougy

sorry to hear of your floods Dougy. It must be awful to have your place ruined like that. Big hugs going out to you.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello everybody,

Dougy

Bad luck dude hope all is sorting it self out now.

Ashley

Prayers are said For All those that find them selves in harms way . We hope that the most important Thing ,Life its self is spared all other things can be replaced although it may take years and much money .

Very True, Mate.

Nice Posting. :-)