Fury now in Tescos on Blu-ray

Charlie

The Blu-ray version sold out within 24-hrs at our local Tesco, hopefully they'll get some more in. I had to settle for the DVD for the time being.

I'd be interested to know what people think of the film after all the hype that there's been. Personally I was a little disappointed - perhaps the hype had raised my expectations too high! It did I think set a new standard and in many ways was very good, but (for example) the action towards the end seemed to me rather laughable and rather let the film down in my view. (I won't go into any more detail since there will be those who haven't seen the film).

Mind you, I have never and will never fight in a tank battle, I wasn't there in WW2, perhaps this is how it was done!

Loved it :-)

It was like films used to be, when something goes boom its actually going boom and little or no CGI involved. Thought the bond between the actors was great too. Can't see much wrong with the ending, after the decision was made you'd do the same thing and fight with everything you've got. Although having see loads of war movies I still recon all bad guys need to visit the range more often as they can't hit a barn door!

C.

• 4 weeks later...

I be to differ about Fury. I thought with all the help on the Tank Museum Tiger and some members of the hobby that the film would be quite realistic! Sadly it wasn't!

People elsewhere have commented that the age of the crew members was about double the age they would have been in WW2. As for the plot, a baby faced typist in the Army becomes a tank machine gunner might just be believable but making him shoot a German prisoner in front of so many other people is a bit far fetched.

Its a bit far fetched to think that the Tiger tank missed with every shot, when experience in NW Europe and elsewhere shows these were formidable opponents.

Did anyone notice how the Shermans were bunched up in convoy and also the US infantry with them ran along in bunches too. And why is it that the Germans, so expert in defence dig their trenches in front of a hedgerow in a ploughed field rather than in the bushes.

As for driving off in to the distance in one Sherman with no support and defending a cross roads after the track was blown off by a mine, complete rubbish against a German Company so well equipped! It annoys me when I see German soldiers running this way and that way across the screen and then getting shot, yet none of their shots against the Sherman or the crew seems to count, when in fact a few Panzerfausts up the rear of the Sherman and in to the piles of ammo on the back would soon have it ablaze and the crew cooked.

A wasted opportunity in my opinion!

Not to mention the freshly flailed hedge rows, the modern asbestos cement barn in the back ground in one scene, the fact that three hand grenades went off inside the tank and the corpses were still intact and an ss infantryman decided to let the last one live after they had shot down what seemed to be hundreds of his comrades .

The Film was utter rubbish but then again we all know Hollywood cant make a well depicted war film ! :yawn:

Rob.................rnixartillery.