Vehicle water pump for i.d. and military tow hook

Blackpowder44

Question

10 answers to this question

I have these two lumps to sell and before I do I need to know what vehicles they are from, thanks, John.[ATTACH=CONFIG]101213[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]101214[/ATTACH]

John,

The water pump could be a Morris Commercial 4 cyl, ie C4 or C8 as they had a chain driven dynamo and fan belt adjustment was done on pulley sheaves as you have here..

Just found my C8 book now and their is a difference in construction to the one in the photo, not so sure now, but pulley arrangement is similar.

Crikey must remember to get a life, just clocked up 9,000 posts :undecided:

Richard on hell of a lot of posts, but you are well known for your knowledge and willingness to explain and advise, therefor it is no wonder you have clocked up the mileage, Thanks for your help on the pump, John.

Richard on hell of a lot of posts, but you are well known for your knowledge and willingness to explain and advise, therefor it is no wonder you have clocked up the mileage, Thanks for your help on the pump, John.

Thanks John,

Just done a quick calculation, having joined in Sept 2005, I have averaged 79 posts per month to date :undecided:

Thanks John,

Just done a quick calculation, having joined in Sept 2005, I have averaged 79 posts per month to date :undecided:

Yes Richard, but how many members and lurkers (people that look but don't log in, or post) have you helped with advice and part identification through this forum? So please, don't stop posting! :-)

I can confirm it's not Morris-Commercial C4 or C8 4 cylinder but the number on the casting isn't far off some of the part numbers for those pumps so it could be for a different species of Morris. Not much help, I know, but it's narrowed down the field a bit!

Edited by Ivor Ramsden