Centaur

lightweight

Whilst flicking around and looking for something else (as you do), have found a Centaur (half track Land Rover) for sale!

Anyone lend me £15000?

Blimey - they most be rare...were they a prototype?

Only 7 built I think, mostly with Stage 1 V8 front ends. Ther rear half was based on CVR(T) running gear. Their history has been well documented in the various LR comics. One turned up in Iraq recently in a poor condition with contested ownership (now back in UK with REME)

Awesome off road apparantly but very noisy and a habit of trying to go in a straight line (steering not linked to tracks)

http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Quarters/7413/lairdcent.html

Whilst flicking around and looking for something else (as you do), have found a Centaur (half track Land Rover) for sale!

Anyone lend me £15000?

Sounds like you found the one Blanchards are selling! :-)

Me - I'm waiting to see the price tag they put on their PP :evil:

£19,000 ??? :schocked: :schocked: :schocked:

I'd hope it came complete with GPMGS, SLR's, LAW's and a Charlie-G for that amount of money!!!!!

Nope, that is for a BARE Pinkie........ I was three steps ahead of you on this :whistle:, but at that price....... If you want it you can have it..... :schocked:

Sadly more than I'd be prepared to pay too - even with the history/association the number plate has.

Given a budget price of £2,000 for a GPMG just outfitting with the armaments would add around another £8,000 to £10,000 the there's all the rest of the kit - sand channels, sun compasses etc. etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I was lucky enough to see Centaur in Army service in 1976. Aliwal Barracks, Tidworth, was the last barracks in the garrison before the Driver Training Area and Salisbury Plain, so everything drove past our vehicle park. Centaur was an unusual sight, but not as unusual, about the same time, as an experimental Chieftain assault gun with turret removed and 120mm gun poking out of the glacis plate.

• 1 month later...