Auction of Military Vehicles at Downham Market on 4th October

g0ozs

• 2 weeks later...

thats what the accountant said, but the good news is that it was a very very expensive mistake...I will put in an adjustment this year and get a whopping saving...back to where it should be..

still means the museum suffers...

Just watching this on iBidder, having resisted the temptation to go and buy several vehicles up there. Prices seem pretty variable, but it's difficult to know without actually seeing things in the flesh (or steel). Just getting on to the tractors now.

Not impressed with how flaky iBidder is, but maybe it's their signal given that it's an outside auction. Wonder if people are having trouble getting internet bids on.

AFS control vehicle made £1800, Goddess made £2200, both seem cheap but again, it's difficult to know the condition without seeing them.

Prices were on the iBidder site, but now the auction's over they can't be accessed! Carrier (Bren) made £28k. Resto Fordson with the welding genny made, I think, around £3k, maybe less. Cent made £32k, Cent ARV £24k I think.

On the whole the vehicles made around or below bottom estimate, except for one or two. A few had reserves and didn't sell, most went irrespective of estimate, from what I saw and heard of the sale via iBidder.

What did the carrier and restoration project fordson go for?

Bren Gun Carrier, nearly new tracks and new engine but some front armour missing, great order running and driving made £28k. Lovely vehicle.

Fordson made 2600 quid I think.

In the pouring rain too, now trying to dry out!

Which one did you get the Cent or the Saladin?

I was very tempted by the Saladin, fortunately I was otherwise occupied during that part of the auction...

They seem to be fetching £22k plus in good show condition.

If it was the Cent, then you lucky barstool. I was parked next to one a Bovy recently. Lovely machine.

I went over just for a nose around, got a few lots, Jerry Cans and some sidelights, and a box of assorted stuff I haven't really looked through yet. I sort of gave up and left just after the Saladin went under the hammer, courtesy of the great British weather. The armour looked in good nick, some of the soft skin vehicles looked to be in need of a bit of TLC. Think prices will be available on the Cheffins website in due course.

I was one bid of the afs RL Bedford :( but having buyers premium and vat on that and the cost of getting the gear home all adds up, the workshop RL made £5900!!

I thought the workshop RL was cheap.........it was fully fitted out as well.

Does anyone know what the Wot 2s sold for ?

Check out this link for all the completed prices, I went with a mate and the bidding indoors went a bit crazy at times, someone punted £1680 on a rusty Browning 1919 that was missing T&E gear and wasn't even a proper .30 cal (7.62 conversion). I thought the Mack Truck "Rolling Thunder" was a bargain, nearly had my hand in the air.