ferret bevel boxes different

WCMatt

Hello List!

In keeping with the current spate of ferret threads (:D), is there a difference between the fore & aft bevel boxes on a Ferret scout car? I wouldn't think so but then again, what do I know?

Regards,

Matt

Two bevel boxes:

Front right and rear left the same

Front left and rear right the same

I don't know but with Dingo's you can take a bevelbox apart and put it back together with the bevel gear on the other site and this will make it fit the other site.

One day I meet someone who had fitted all bevel boxes in the wrong position in the Dingo. With the lever forward it move backward and visa versa. By changing all four bevel gears it moved forward when forward selects etc.

So if you have a dingo you can do with one spare bevel box to replace all bevel boxes in the dingo if one brakes

Edited by monty2

Well, got both rear bevel boxes shoved back into their respective holes with the left (rear) one almost bolted back onto the hull. I have two bolts (at a diagonal opposite to one another) that refuse to thread back in. I'll have another go with them tomorrow. Also finally got the front steering assembly reinstalled inside the hull. What a PITA that was :banghead:..

The biggest mistake I've made with this ferret project (IMHO) was that as soon as it arrived, I started the tear down for resto. What I should have done, was get it running & enjoy it for a while before starting the resto....

Regards,

Matt

Matt,

If you think fitting the steering was bad, then you should do it on a Fox.

Richard

I can't say that I've actually seen a fox in person (or if I did, I can't remember) but, looking at pics of them I'm going to guess that the driver's position is even smaller then the ferret's

I'm hoping to have my wheel station/suspensions completly rebuilt & re installed soon so I can remount the fenders (wings) & exterior storage bins...

Matt

I don't know but with Dingo's you can take a bevelbox apart and put it back together with the bevel gear on the other site and this will make it fit the other site.

One day I meet someone who had fitted all bevel boxes in the wrong position in the Dingo. With the lever forward it move backward and visa versa. By changing all four bevel gears it moved forward when forward selects etc.

So if you have a dingo you can do with one spare bevel box to replace all bevel boxes in the dingo if one brakes

Is this correct ?

Richard or anyone else actually done this successfully ?

Is this correct ?

Richard or anyone else actually done this successfully ?

Dave, I have not had to do it as always found the correct bevel box I needed but the gears are same in all and it is just a question of turning the bevel gear and carrier around so it drives on other side of the pinion.

Dave, I have not had to do it as always found the correct bevel box I needed but the gears are same in all and it is just a question of turning the bevel gear and carrier around so it drives on other side of the pinion.

Thanks Richard - we could be quite busy this winter !!!