Regrets - I have had a few.....

Jack

Yes I know that there is a song in there somewhere :whistle: but what have you done or sold or had the chance to buy something that you passed up on have regretted it ever since...........??

For me, I wish I had never sold my old motor bike :cry: and wish that I had spoken more to one of my grandfathers before he died. Wish I bought a wooden GMC steering wheel at W&P last year - it was cheap!

I wish I hadn't sold that massive Kreigsmarine flag i bought at a car boot as a kid for 50p then swapped for something so utterly crap at school i can't even remember what it was >:(

I regret telling the guy i bought my dodge off that i didn't want the old snow chains in the back of it... (original mud chains you moron :computerterror:)

I regret not going to the 'Withnail & I' premiere,

when invited as a young 'un. Bugger >:(

I regret not starting to save up for this years shows sooner :shake:

Start a new thread on this one Niel................sounds interesting :whistle:

Not really mate - didn't duck fast enough on exercise, copped a whang on the side of the head and got left with epilepsy as a result. All there is to it really!!

Then again - if that hadn't happened I wouldn't be married and have the family I've now got - nor would I have met you lot so every cloud has a silver lining :-) :-)

mine would be hitting a rupert :evil: :evil: :evil:whilst off duty as would probably still be serving now :police:

but on the brighter side i wouldnt now have my 109 and started making freinds in the military vechicle side and having a great family

Not buying more vehicles before my 1 year old daughter was born. I have to use supernatural powers now to convince her that buying any more vehicles is a long term investment for the nipper's future, and that she should help invest in them too....! :roll:

Missing out on a very cheap Champ on ebay end of last year, on the south coast, went for pennys.... :-(

Not buying a CVRT Samson when it was offered at a VERY cheap price. :-( I think Militant Grahams friend has it now. I will always blame the poor advice i got from Mike for that one.

Ah, the power and influence I wield! :evil:

My regrets - in terms of vehicles - selling my 1971 Dennis D series fire engine. I'd love another one. Also selling my partly-restored 109" S1 LR to a friend who promptly fitted silly wheels and spotlights and paintstripped the original signwriting off the doors thus eliminating its interesting history in about 10 mins' light work... :cry:

Regrets -

Could kick myself when I sold my Lotus's.

Always wanted one and then sold it to start flying.

Should have kept the Esprit as they stopped production after 25 years. Prices have gone up ever since.

width=640 height=366http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u233/Markheliops/Esprit1.jpg[/img]

Should never have brought the Exige. Didn't like it and lost a shed load of money as I brought it new. Not telling you how much as it's embarrasing. I think they saw me coming.

width=640 height=366http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u233/Markheliops/Exige4.jpg[/img]

Ah well, live and learn. If I still had a Lotus I wouldn't have my Ward la France now. There is logic there somewhere!!! :dunno:

Lotus = Loads Of Trouble Usually Serious - doesn't it?

Regrets - for me the BIGGEST in my life was my army career, or more to the point the lack of it. I still think about it thirty years later. But, as you have said, Neil, without it I would not have my wife and kids, and wouldn't have had the adventures that make me who I am now. I left school with four CSEs, got two O Levels at nightschool and have spent the next thirty odd years just reading and learning as much as I can. I would have not had this informal education if I'd stayed in the Royal Artillery

I really wish I'd started battlefield touring in the 1970s. But I did not actually start until 2003. That's life.

Onwards and upwards!

Not realising when I signed up in 1975 that 15th/19th The King's Royal Hussars had just foregone the Armoured role (slipping in an 18 month operational tour of Omagh in the process) before becoming a Recce regiment, thereby missing out on playing with a 60 ton behemoth.

But Recce was better fun anyway and if I had joined an Armoured regiment I wouldn't have been asked by my Unit Paymaster and subsequently fellow Army Offshore Racing team member to date his nanny, now my wife for more than 1/4 century, I wouldn't have the two wonderful kids with whom I have been blessed, blah, blah, the Paymaster might not have headhunted me and got me into computers leading to the perfect job as Staff Software Engineer for a multinational IT megacorporation.

But I do regret never having commanded a Chieftain.

Beltring, a heap of clothes, picked up a 1942 BD trousers (size 12) and wondered why it was in that place.

Put it down, a guy picked it up and paid 7 pounds for it.

Wheeee :cry:

Lots more regrets, won't mention them.