Stalwart 1 - Me and Phil 0

ArtistsRifles

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had it removed & fitted the new one in under 40mins :-D don't know what all the fuss was about :dunno:

Pays to have a mate built like "Twizzle" and with arms like a "drain snake" :whistle:

And yes Richard I can vouch he completed the job of removal and replacement in under 40 minutes ;-)

As the old saying goes " He's as handy as a pocket in a shirt" :whistle:

John,

Handy bloke, when you have a Saladin

I know that from experience Richard ..........He reaches the parts other beers cant reach :roll:

In all seriousness though, Lee has been extremely helpful when it comes to area's I would'nt have a hope in getting to. Bit frustrating at times as I know I can do the job equally as well but due to my size and lack of flexibility cannot get to the bits.

Just want to say Thanks Lee :-D

I know that from experience Richard ..........He reaches the parts other beers cant reach :roll:

In all seriousness though, Lee has been extremely helpful when it comes to area's I would'nt have a hope in getting to. Bit frustrating at times as I know I can do the job equally as well but due to my size and lack of flexibility cannot get to the bits.

No Problem mate.. just try & have one year at Beltring witrhout breaking down though ;-) :-D

I'll second that - and for much the same reasons as John!! I'm too damn big and too inflexible in my old age (and I can say that cos in about 7 weeks time I become an OAP - at 50!!)

Many thanks for the job done Lee - owe you one for that!! :-)

Even if Stuart says you only did half the job and didn't bleed the system!! (he says ducking fast!!!) :evil:

Made a nice suprise getting in tonight and seeing photo's of a certain bum stuck in the air in little Mauds cab. What triggered the sudden surge of masochism???

Now all I've got to do is get that rear wheel off and stop the oil leak, stands will be here tomorrow night so lets hope it's as simple as a naff seal. :-) :-)

What triggered the sudden surge of masochism???

Phil saying the word "Impossible" so while he went off to paint Stuart's yellow bits I dived in.. would of done it quicker if we had some tools between us.. all the spanners I could find were the wrong size but used them anyway :roll:

Well - 'tis much appreciated mate. Like I said, I owe you one big time for this!!

Also saved us having to pull the Quad out from beside her to finsih painting the side off :-) Not sure what JC would have said about that!!

Was the seal gone on the one that came out??? Tim H. only fitted it last March so lets hope this one lasts longer.......

If I thought I could make enough money I'd willingly take it up as a career. The problem is I fear many hobby owners wouldn't be prepared to pay a living wage for time spent working on their vehicles. :|

This is a great point and it was one I was thinking of this weekend. Not that I am a complere bowzo when it come to mechanics but I am fully aware of what I can or can't do - my biggest problem is that I like to learn so tend to have a crack at it myself. This does lend itself to wasting ones time.

I have always been of the thought that it is good to work on your strenghts and not your weakness's it is better to have strong strenghts thenstrong weakness's makes complete sense.

I was only thinking today that I would like to have all of my brakes overhauled, the problem that I have is that I quite simply do not have the tools or in fact the time as my time needs to be spent doing what I am good at - wish we had an MV restorer in Dorset...perhaps we do?? I am considering having my GMC stripped and rebuilt.

I have my sights on a couple of projects but I have made my mind up that the restoration will not be done by me - they will go off to a pro!

Great topic - sorry for hijacking!

Yeh! but big ends won't fail the MOT :roll:

Might go "Bang" on the M25 though.... :schocked:

Hmmm... got a bent barrel to sort out first :roll:

One good turn mate - bring the Fox down the Fort and I'll back the Stalwart into the barrel from the other direction....... :-) :-)