Stalwart 1 - Me and Phil 0

ArtistsRifles

Re-bled the clutch this morning - and another load of air came out!! Gear changes now are a ot quieter than previously!! :-) :-) :-)

Had a look at the brake light switch again - moving block now seems OK but nothing is coming out of the valve body in the form of air from the brakes (although they are working fine) henc no lighs coming on. Just need to suss out now what wrong witht the valve in the switch... And whilst doing this I managed to drag myself over a floor support ledge slicing up both the shirt i was wearing AND my stomach.. :schocked: Been a painful weekend has this one.

Anyways rain stopped play early but we are OK to get to the bunker next week now!!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news about the clutch Neil, least you can use the beast again :banana:

Yes - thats what we thought!!

Took her over the the Bunker Bash on Friday - via the filling station - got about a third of the way there when the outer fan belt gave way - temp shot up to 120 and the red light came on. Pulled over immediately and waited for her to cool down and the rest of the trip took 5 hours in short hops. Didn't know the belt had gone at the time as the load bed was full of kit so we just kept topping up the rad and doing the short hops.

Sat morning we unloaded her and found the outer belt had shredded itself. Luckily the only damage done to the vehicle when the belt let loose was one end of the fire wire around the fan cowls ripped off (So need to replace that now..). Unfortunately Fred managed to get 3rd degree burns to his right arm and side when he opened the rad cap before it had finished venting. :-( :-(

Luckily another chap suggested a place in Grays that might help with the belts - they couldn't do an exact match but we got one close enough in dia albeit a smaller section that was enough to get the fan spinning to get her home. Temp hovered around the 80 deg to 100 deg mark but no higher. Richard Banister has a set of belts for me - just need to send the readies off and we can get back to normal.

Then we can look at the next two big issues - the chronic oil leak from the N/S rearmost hub and the lack of pressure in the throttle hydraulics.